Dmrez25

vbimport

Having decided to change from my usual E55 to an ebay - used, vgc - EZ25 - I find myself defeated by the set up challenge. The Panasonic manual - as usual - is designed as a reference work for those who have had a 2 week course at the Pan factory.
Shall I go to the factory default settings and start again?

[QUOTE=Hera;2475384]Having decided to change from my usual E55 to an ebay - used, vgc - EZ25 - I find myself defeated by the set up challenge. The Panasonic manual - as usual - is designed as a reference work for those who have had a 2 week course at the Pan factory.
Shall I go to the factory default settings and start again?[/QUOTE]

You haven’t reported what the “set up challenge” is with whatever model EZ series recorder you have.

I’m not familiar with a DMR-EZ25 model. I’ll make an assumption that you have a DMR-EZ27, a 2007 model year entry-level DVD recorder with HDMI output. (I own four of the similar 2007 DMR-EZ17 models, an entry-level DVD recorder without the HDMI output. I also own the 2008/2009 entry-level DMR-EZ28 DVD recorder with HDMI output. Two of my DMR-EZ17 models have recently experienced laser assembly failures, now they’re just “clunker” parts machines after only 1,500 to 1,600 recording hours. Six of my ES series Panasonics were still fully functional at last use, each with recording hours in the 3,000 to 4,400 range.)

Perhaps the first consideration is that EZ series DVD recorders (without a VHS section) have an [I]unmodulated[/I] RF output–providing only a “pass through” of the signal from the RF input. That means that another output, HDMI, S-Video (plus white/red audio) or composite (yellow video plus white/red audio) [I]must [/I]be used to view an EZ series DVD recorder’s own output.

If you have an EZ series combo recorder the RF output is [I]unmodulated at power-up[/I]–again only providing a “pass through” signal. In order to [I]modulate[/I] the RF output with a combo recorder press the SCHEDULE button twice–or with a recorded videotape or a recorded DVD in place press PLAY in VHS or DVD mode. The RF output will be modulated with the combo recorder’s own signal until the next power-off.

Once connectivity issues are resolved the setup choices/configurations may be made. You didn’t mention what type of signal you have, antenna, cable (with or without a STB or DTA) or satellite. Are you located in Canada or the USA?

If you provide more information, including the [I]actual [/I]model number of your EZ series machine, and describe the challenge you’re facing perhaps more detailed information may come your way.

Thank you for the reply but, as I suggested, I have not had two weeks at the Pan. factory.
The machine and the manual have DMR-EZ25 written on them so I am assuming that the device is a DM… etc.
The connections are by SCART and coaxial RF cable as the manual requires.
I need to know if a return to factory default settings and a fresh start would be beneficial.
U.K. - based.

Since I’m in the USA I have no experience with SCART based connectivity/funtionality.

If you provide more information as to the specific “set up challenge” you’ve encountered perhaps someone familiar with SCART equipped models may step forward to give you advice.