DMR-ES20 vs. ES-15

vbimport

Hi,
There is a difference in recording quality, especially in FR mode (120-170 min)?
Regards

[QUOTE=AlKwas;2082184]Hi,
There is a difference in recording quality, especially in FR mode (120-170 min)?
Regards[/QUOTE]

I understand they have the same picture quality.

One thing I did read though is you CANNOT pause when recording in FR on the ES-20. No problem on the ES-15. Note I’ve never used a ES-20 and am just going off what I read. Their were also a couple other reasons someone didn’t like the ES-20 vs. the ES-15 but the FR thing really stuck in my mind since I pause in FR all the time on my ES-15s.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1001539&highlight=dmr-es20
Here’s the post I was thinking about.

Jeff,

The ES20 is a 2005 model and the ES15 is a 2006 model.

Perhaps these might be among the issues:

1-The ES20 needs to be powered off to initiate a scheduled recording.

2-The ES20 does not support +RW media and may have some practical problems with +R media.

Although my ES-30 is a '05 model and does not have to be OFF to initiate a scheduled recording. It will not record to +RW but will record to +R media just fine, although like all Pannys it has odd scan speeds with +R media.
Actually looking through some old paperwork today and I noticed I actually bought a ES-20 on 11/3/05. I returned it 11/4/05 noting it missed many “key” features I had gotten used to on my ES-30 which I had bought on 5/27/05. I’d actually forgot I had one for a short time. Reading the link I’m glad I returned it.
AlKwas-If you had a choice I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the ES-15, I’d avoid the ES-20.

Hi,
Thank You for answer.

[QUOTE=jjeff;2082436]One thing I did read though is you CANNOT pause when recording in FR on the ES-20. No problem on the ES-15. [/QUOTE]
It’s very important for me. I need a unit with full quality and functionality of FR mode (in comparison to ES15).
Best Regards,