DMR E50 not recording

Hi all

I have a DMR E50, very happy with it for last 3 years. Recently it has stopped recording, it records for less than 1 minute then crashes and I cannot even eject the DVD. I have to unplug it a leave it for a bit and only then I can get the DVD out. Today it got worse, any DVD-R media I put in causes a crash if I want to recorD>
Playing is fin efor now.

Any thoughts or pointers.

TIA

Cisco Lad

Welcome to the forum.

Your drive is acting exactly like it does when it cannot recognize the disc id. You can download the newest firmware here:

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vDownloads?storeId=15001&langId=-1&page=DVDFirmware

BE CAREFUL.

Also, as Panasonic will not tell us which media is supported, try using older media types such as TYG01 or TYG02.

Thanks a million !

I have nothing to loose by trying it, if it does not record I might as well pull the old Hitachi player.

I have tried it and the DVD comes up with “unsupported”. I used Nero to burn the file and burned it as data CD.

Regards

Cisco Lad

Tried also the exact way described on website, formot unsupported again.
Any thoughts ?

Cisco lad

What is the media ID of your DVD discs? CDSpeed will tell you this.

They are unbranded, I used over 100 of them before and they worked fine.
I mean used both DVD and CDs.
I will try with a branded one.

Cheers

It seems like I wil not be able to carry out a firmware upgrade. The things the same DVD media has been working fine for last 12 months.

Any thoughts ?

TIA

Phew ! Finally fixed it :slight_smile:
How ? I tried recirding on a RAM media and it worked ok, so tested straight after with the DVD that was rejected and now all works.

Chas, thanks for ur help !

Cisco lad

You still should check your media ID. In almost all cases, this is the problem. Use CDSpeed.