Dma

sorry for possibly dump question but what is a simple explanation please for what is DMA? thanks angie :confused:

go to google and search Direct memory access

Shall do, thank you…and it shouldn’t have been dump but dumb…sorry about that…:slight_smile:

No problem, now you know how I look so smart to people I use google to search a problem. Had a person call me last week over two computers that would not go online because of a winsock problem. I did a search on google and told them what to do to fix it.
They thought I was really smart but not so just know to google it.

[QUOTE=samlar;2232075]No problem, now you know how I look so smart to people I use google to search a problem. Had a person call me last week over two computers that would not go online because of a winsock problem. I did a search on google and told them what to do to fix it.
They thought I was really smart but not so just know to google it.[/QUOTE]

Lol, that’s the truth. I have been guilty of that myself a few times (its not hard to look smart when you just research the problem).
A lot of the time when I just need to know what something is rather than how to fix a problem, I add wiki to the search (such as “dma wiki”, and at the bottom there is a link for direct memory access).

Here is the wiki page on direct memory access.

Thanks so much to ripit and samlar…will take advice on board. :slight_smile: