Just wanted to share with a few that for a long time , everytime I ran into a glitch during Fab's reading of a backup prior to burning,[ cannot read/retry/etc. not always but many times I would end up having my Plextor thrown into PIO mode....
someone turned me on to a small free utility called resetdma.vbs which with 1 click ended that problem and I have been PIO mode free for year now even thruought bad reads, scratched disk's etc.
I did use "resetDMA" in Fab Platinum and also would do the "remove controllers" in device mngr but they only saved me temporarily..
I assume I must have had a flakey or corrupted driver and resetdma.vbs fixed it permantly..