DMA Settings Can't Find Advanced tab in XP home

I’m trying to find my DMA settings for my drives. I open “Device Manager”… then click on the + for DVD/CD-ROM drives… Then right click on “Properties”. The only tabs I see are General-Driver-Resources. NO Adavanced Tab. This also happens when I open the and view the properties of the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. No Advanced tab. I am the only one who uses this computer, so I am the administrator if that helps. I just wanted to check to see how my drives are set up. I’m running Nero Ultra 6 Suite (current Version). Any suggestions? I followed the directions in this link http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/howto-05.html but again can’t get to the advanced tab.

if you are using an intel Based mobo and are running intel’s application accelerator then you will not have those options available. the application accelerator controls those functions automatically.

Here’s what I see When Using Nero InfoTool…
-Primary IDE Channel

• Master (my Primary Harddrive)
    DMA on
  • Slave (my secondary Harddrive)
    DMA off
    -Primary IDE Channel
  • Master LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S
    DMA on
    Autorun on
  • Slave:_ NEC NR-7900A
    DMA off
    Autorun on

My concern was that the DMA were off on my my secondary harddrive and off on my second NEC drive. I just was just wondering if I could turn those DMA’s on.

if you are indeed using intel’s application accelerator then DMA is PROBABLY on. I have found that nero info tool does not accurately reflect the true DMA status of all the drives when the intel application accelerator is used.

You need to set DMA under the IDE controler part of the device manager if you are running XP.