i have a DMA problem with some DVDWriters which i find quite annoying. Maybe some of you have encountered this problem and can help me.
I own a Sony DW-Q30A and LG GSA-H55N (lg model may be wrong) and i have some problems about enabling DMA with these drives.
When try to enable DMA with these these drives didnot enable DMA. (looking with Nero Infotool)
I updated windows (XP) with some patches , tried to unplug-plug the drives , removed from the device manager and reinstalled but DMA never is enabled for Sony and LG . I upgraded the firmware of LG and now it is DMA enabled but Sony is dma disabled even if i upgrade the firmware with yys7 (i think this is it, it was yys2 or sthg like that before upgrade).
- tried physically unplug-plug
- uninstalled in device manager and reinstalled (xp automatically installed)
- checked always the IDE channel’s DMA option.
- upgraded the firmware for Sony and LG (lg is DMA enabled now but sony is not)
- my computer have only 1 ide cable (1 for dvdrom and 1 for harddisk) so i cannot plug both dvd drives. but when i find a cable i will try.
- google also didnot help me much. Maybe not specific for Sony, i believe it has some kind of software or XP related problem.
Why Sony is never DMA enabled i dont understand. If you can suggest something new i would be grateful.