DMA problem with ASUS

Hello.

I have ASUS DRW1608P2S and TEAC CD-RW burner.These 2 burners are paired on 1 IDE cable cause i have only 1 IDE connector on my Asus
P5K motherboard.

TEAC is working fine in Ultra DMA mode,but ASUS is the problem.When i set in Device Manager for asus to be in DMA mode(i CAN set it,it not "PIO fallback problem),and when i insert any CD/DVD Windows freezes and stop
responding until i eject CD/DVD.Linux (Ubuntu) also don’t recognize asus burner at all. :confused:

I tried to use 2-3 different,80-pin cables,and i don’t think that this is the problem.On my old KT3 Ultra 2 motherboard this same burner worked flawlessly…I have board with P35 chipset and JMicron is controlling optical drives.On motherboard support CD there is something like JMicron JMB36x
RAID driver,i tried to install that but unfortunately problem is still present.:frowning:

greets…

Maybe is a compatibility issue(i know it sounds silly but your asus burner is most propably a rebadged pioneer ).Have you got installed the latest firmware versions in your DVD burner and motherboard?

Error Disregard

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=dark_00;1964905]

I tried to use 2-3 different,80-pin cables,and i don’t think that this is the problem.On my old KT3 Ultra 2 motherboard this same burner worked flawlessly…I have board with P35 chipset and JMicron is controlling optical drives.On motherboard support CD there is something like JMicron JMB36x
RAID driver,i tried to install that but unfortunately problem is still present.:frowning:
[/QUOTE]the Jmicron controller isn’t very friendly with optical drives, and many users have trouble getting this working.
You might try this:

• uninstall all Jmicron drivers
  • in your motherboard BIOS configure the Jmicron as “IDE compatible” (or whatever it is called)
  • let Windows install its own default drivers

Michael

Thanks for replies.I have updated ASUS burner to the latest firmware,and i flashed BIOS too,but nothing helped me.

@michael

Heh…i tried that 100 times by now…also i tried various combinations
for jumpers…nothing…hmm i’m planning to give up and buy SATA optical drive…maybe this is the best solution…

anyway thanks for your suggestions…