DMA on 108?...and a few other questions

Hi all,
I flashed my DVR-108 a few days ago with Gradius v1.14 firmware and there are some aspects I’d want to clarify.
First of all,the DVR-108 is set as “master” ,location 1(1) (though has the "F:"letter) and my other drive,a LITE-ON COMBO SOHC-5232K is set as “slave”,location 0(0),letter “E:”.
Is this OK or I have to modify something?
The second issue is that I fu#¤%ed up a dozen of blank x4 DVD-R and DVD+R’s both using Nero and Intermedia DVDCopy.The symptom was the same,all DVD’s were burned about 9% and Nero showed a “communication error”.I read on the Nero’s web page about some possible causes but in my software/hardware config everything seems OK.
Related to this,I have installed AnyDVD and DVD Region+CSS Free and I noticed that when I tried to enable the DMA option and reboot,as required,the prog (DVD Region) shows the DMA disabled.
I went to Device Manager/IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers and,under Primary IDE Channel/Advanced Settings,I noticed two options as a transfer mode:“DMA if available” and “PIO only”,being chosen the first option.As the Current Transfer Mode,I have Ultra DMA mode 5 on both devices (0 and 1).
However,the Secondary IDE Channel Properties looks a bit different:
Device 0
Transfer mode DMA if available (2nd option:PIO only)
Current transfer mode:Ultra DMA Mode 2
Device 1
Transfer mode DMA if available (2nd option:PIO only)
Current transfer mode:Ultra DMA Mode 4.
Is this or something else from what I described a possible cause of my burning failures/problems?
Please give me a hint,I’m already tired of so many problems with this burner,I have a lot of work to do and too many time to spend on this and,last but not least,I’m just an poor amateur about all this stuff,unlike you,guys… :bow:
Thank you in advance! :slight_smile: