DLP or Plasma

vbimport

What should I get. I dont care about hanging on the wall and the DLP seems to have a better picture and is a lot cheaper. I was looking at the 65inch Mitsubishi Diamond DLP.

Thanks Justin

I guess I care about the best HD picture possible for 65 inches

Thanks Justin

Beyond 50", only DLP/LYCOS offers anything close to a reasonable price. The “ultra-slim” (<18") RP sets tend to have some minor geometry issues, but not universally. You might also look at DLP front projectors, though they tend to be more expensive with a good screen.

You’ll find a boatload of user experience at the AVS Forums

My question is what is the best HD picture for sports out there for 65 inches.
I dont care about price, size, or anything else but picture quality for sports and faster moving things like video games. I heard it was DLP so I wanted to double check with people on this forum.

Thanks Justin

In size i mean the back or screen. ( I.E. being able to hang on wall, dont care)

jrlamettry wrote,
I was looking at the 65inch Mitsubishi Diamond DLP.
Nice! :wink: can’t go wrong IMO!..
I went from a 50" Plasma to a 61" Sammy DLP,and couldn’t be happier
…Looks great,price was right, awesome for HD movies,Xbox and PS3 gaming.:bigsmile:
If you’re going big screen, go DLP…JMHO!..:cool:

DLP is almost history, it was marketable when still large size Plasma either was not available or was very expensive. But nowadays with any size of Plasma even LCD at very low price compare with 2 years ago the DLP become less desirable. The only good part of DLP is maintenance issue, in case the tube burn out you can replace the lite on the tube with less than $250 part and do it yourself labor.

TCAS wrote,
“DLP is almost history”

Considering the life span of DLP,LCD,and plasma…well you can’t go wrong with DLP,IMO…With new LED sets,there’s no changing out bulb…[B]but to each his own.[/B] .I’ll toast to DLP when it “becomes” history, if/when it ever happens…:wink:

[QUOTE=TCAS;2027457]DLP is almost history, it was marketable when still large size Plasma either was not available or was very expensive. But nowadays with any size of Plasma even LCD at very low price compare with 2 years ago the DLP become less desirable. The only good part of DLP is maintenance issue, in case the tube burn out you can replace the lite on the tube with less than $250 part and do it yourself labor.[/QUOTE]

This is just not accurate. Try pricing plasma over 55" and see for yourself. DLP projecters are going very strong for the HT enthusiasts wanting large displays (>70"), and there is no foreseeable replacement coming. Top quality DLP/LYCOS rear projectors rival any available plasma or LCD for perceived picture quality, and front projectors do also. DLP will be around for a very long time. The main reason for declining sales in the under-50" size is that LCD/plasma prices have dropped. Over 50", DLP is still a smart choice.

Besides which, declining sales or availability has nothing to do with whether a monitor is a good choice.