DL media 25 for $22.25 & free shipping at Shop4tech

Has anyone tried these Matrix DL media from Shop4tech? Their customer reviews are pretty good. Will someone buy some :bigsmile:and report back the MID and Country of manufacture?:cool:

http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=5971&letter=161&le=paul_ferrante@sbcglobal.net&r=494

[quote=ricoman;2134111]Has anyone tried these Matrix DL media from Shop4tech? Their customer reviews are pretty good. Will someone buy some :bigsmile:and report back the MID and Country of manufacture?:cool:

http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=5971&letter=161&le=paul_ferrante@sbcglobal.net&r=494[/quote]
Do not buy anything called Matrix, they(shop4tech) sent me some free -R SL 8x Matrix, they have a fake TYG02 code on them!

don’t forget to add in the 15% off codes that are always floating around

hehe there is one for 17%!

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2134122]hehe there is one for 17%![/QUOTE]

Might be worth a try at that price. Like I said the customer reviews are pretty good.
By the way, the 17% off code is DW17
It brings it down to $18.47 and free shipping for a 25 pk. That’s 74 cents a disc. At that price I’ll give it a shot a report back, probably in a week, with the MID and a scan. I’ll do my part for my brothers at CDFreaks.:p;):bigsmile:

As mentioned above, I wouldn’t touch them at half that price. I don’t trust ANY company that has to fake it’s media ID codes.

I just bought a pack of 20 of Verbatim DVD+R DlL MIS for $24.99 from Microcenter if anyone is interested.

Well, got them and burned one. MID is MKM 003 000 (00h) manufacturer is Verbatim. Seems to be legit. Burned OK and played fine. Scan was so-so, but I have never had what I would call a really good scan with DL no matter what burner I use and I have always used Verbs. At this price I thought is was worth a try. I’ll reserve judgment until I burn a few more. I’ll try a couple other drives too. Used a Pioneer 115D this time, will try the BenQ 1640 and LG 4167 in coming weeks if I can find something worth burning.

The MID doesn’t tell you anything about the manufacturer. What is the hub code?

[QUOTE=negritude;2139615]The MID doesn’t tell you anything about the manufacturer. What is the hub code?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Does it look like this one (made by Must Tech)?

[QUOTE=negritude;2139615]The MID doesn’t tell you anything about the manufacturer. What is the hub code?[/QUOTE]

There is no hub code.

[QUOTE=ricoman;2139718]There is no hub code.[/QUOTE]

Then they aren’t manufactured by MCC/MKM (Verbatim).