DL DVDs $28.99 50 PACK

Not sure if anyone wants to take a chance on this blank media, but geeks.com has the Prime 2.4X 8.5GB DVD+R DL Media - 50 Pack for $28.99 plus shipping. For me with shipping included comes out to less than $.70 each.

I personally have not ordered yet, can not make up my mind if I want gamble or not.

Link: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=PRIME-85GB-DVD&AID=10440852&CJPID=1260291

CLGerow

at that price and it’s name… i can almost guarantee it’s junk.

but that price is sure nice :wink:

[quote=clgerow;1927530]Not sure if anyone wants to take a chance on this blank media, but geeks.com has the Prime 2.4X 8.5GB DVD+R DL Media - 50 Pack for $28.99 plus shipping. For me with shipping included comes out to less than $.70 each.

I personally have not ordered yet, can not make up my mind if I want gamble or not.

Link: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=PRIME-85GB-DVD&AID=10440852&CJPID=1260291

CLGerow[/quote]
What good is it if 25 out of the 50 are coasters. You can do as you wish but I would not touch that deal with a 50 ft pole.:disagree:

[QUOTE=alan1476;1927542]What good is it if 25 out of the 50 are coasters. You can do as you wish but I would not touch that deal with a 50 ft pole.:disagree:[/QUOTE]

transelation = about $1.40 if thats true. which = get name brand media and be done with it. lol

[QUOTE=alan1476;1927542]What good is it if 25 out of the 50 are coasters. You can do as you wish but I would not touch that deal with a 50 ft pole.:disagree:[/QUOTE]

Is there a way to find out whether what i’ve just burned is a coaster beside running the scan to find the pies & pifs? or coaster is defined as not able to complete the burn?

If it plays fine it might be okay, but as for archival life that can olnly be measured in years and that would not measure into my equaltion. If you can burn them and they will play with no errors, then it might be worth the trouble, who knows, I would not take the chance.:disagree:

If I had an extra $30 to waste I would try them out just for laughs and post some scans. Too bad they don’t have a 10-20 pack of them for $5-$10 or I would definitely try them.

Apparently they are genuine RICOHJPN D00. http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia/prime-dvd-r-ricohjpnd00-2-4/4570 $37 with shipping.

I bought some; big mistake. They are indeed RICOH JPN D00. I have had good luck with RICOH in the past, but these are unusable. I tried burning with a Plextor 716 and a a Liteon SHW 160P6S. Just inserting the blank in the Liteon locked up my computer (Win98; didn’t try it on WinXP). I had to fool around a bunch to get it to even burn. After the burn, Plextools locked up around the layer change. This same bad behavior happened whether the burn was done on the Liteon or the Plex. There was a big error spike at about 2 gigs, and the overall error level was high. I didn’t bother to save the scans because I was so disgusted.

These are very bad.

[QUOTE=rodgerro;1942119]I bought some; big mistake. They are indeed RICOH JPN D00. I have had good luck with RICOH in the past, but these are unusable. I tried burning with a Plextor 716 and a a Liteon SHW 160P6S. Just inserting the blank in the Liteon locked up my computer (Win98; didn’t try it on WinXP). I had to fool around a bunch to get it to even burn. After the burn, Plextools locked up around the layer change. This same bad behavior happened whether the burn was done on the Liteon or the Plex. There was a big error spike at about 2 gigs, and the overall error level was high. I didn’t bother to save the scans because I was so disgusted.

These are very bad.[/QUOTE]

It actually locked up your PC? Man, that’s a new one. Makes me glad I stick to quality media. :iagree: