DL and booktype (bitsetting)

vbimport

well i just burnt my first DL disc, and i thought it would booktype it to rom but it didnt, so it will only play on my old school apex 3+ years old

so do u have to bitset it before burning, 1633@1653 cstj

i will my next burn but i need ur input first :slight_smile:

thanks

anyone? :slight_smile: as i kinda need to know soon :slight_smile:

thanks in adbacne

try OmniPatcher see if it helps

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=97590 :slight_smile:

all so dvd decrypter should be able to set it too
in iso write in the far right hand corner thier is a bitsetting option

well i know how to bitset it, but does it really make it play in more players, as it plays in my apex, old school before they really came out like there are now

oh well, i will bitset it next burn and post the results, thanks tho

don’t know about dl+ but i set a sl+ using bitsetting and it worked on my mum’s dvd player that previously did’nt

Bitsetting is optical drive dependent with various software apps that can change the format within the drive.

Below pic is from Cd Speed showing all 3 options that can be set… at least in my case. Can’t say for the Litey, I don’t have one.

And it is a “set-and-forget”. Once done forget it.

Why bitsetting… it can be found in the Liteon Forum FAQ. That being said.

In the early days of stand alone players were all and only -R then +R came along. A lot of players nowadays support both formats. BUT 99.99% of all players [I’m sure there is one out there somewhere] support DVD-ROM.

Hence my reason for using bitsetting to DVD-ROM.

well i am scanning the second dl burn, this time i did bit set it and it worked in my players now, not just the one i dont use :slight_smile:

will post my scan after its done :slight_smile:

Any news then, koolaidwa?

well i forgot to save the scan lol, i was in a hurry to get out the house to get some dinner, but its was sinalir to my first DL burn scan, worked perfectly in my dvd players tho :slight_smile:

have yet to burn anymore, i save those 7 disc’s i have left for more important stuff besides testing :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=dsdarli;920262]Bitsetting is optical drive dependent with various software apps that can change the format within the drive.

Below pic is from Cd Speed showing all 3 options that can be set… at least in my case. Can’t say for the Litey, I don’t have one.

And it is a “set-and-forget”. Once done forget it.

Why bitsetting… it can be found in the Liteon Forum FAQ. That being said.

In the early days of stand alone players were all and only -R then +R came along. A lot of players nowadays support both formats. BUT 99.99% of all players [I’m sure there is one out there somewhere] support DVD-ROM.

Hence my reason for using bitsetting to DVD-ROM.[/QUOTE]

your ASUS DRW-1814BL (FW 1.14) have the bitsetting book type changed???!!
I think that its auto-booktype by default!!! I try many times and diferents softwares to change from DVD+R/DL to DVD-ROM and I cant do it!! in my Nero CDSpeed, it got me unknown type and in your post image from your Nero you got DVD-ROM!!!

how do you made that change??! what do you have to do for bitsetting the booktype to DVD-Rom???

Can you help me, please???

If you need some more kind of features, its just ask ok!.. Thanks