Dj mix CD using cuesheets

Hi everyone, I’m an electronic music freak and as you know, there are lots of mix cd’s out there in this genre of music, those who flow seamlessly without any gap between tracks (even when those cd’s are separated in several tracks) and after using some burning programs I’ve got some questions that I hope you can answer.

I wanted to burn a long mp3 file containing all of the tracks mixed (670 mb let’s say) to a normal audio cd separated in tracks, i downloaded the proper cue file and open it in nero 6… well, nero doesnt support that, so i been told cdrwin does it better than any other software out there… i tried cdrwin 3.9E and whenever i try to burn it displays a “write command error”… so i downloaded burnatonce and it worked amazingly fine!

but…

It takes a looooooooong time to decode the mp3 file for further burning in burnatonce. I think it first converts it to wav to be able to use the cuesheet, and here comes the main question of my post: is there a program that does the same, but without taking so long converting the file to normal audio (like nero does)?

And another thing:

before using burnatonce i used a program that splits the mp3 file using the cuesheet and then i dropped the splitted files to nero… it was fine but there was a small gap (1/12th of a second more or less, almost unnoticeable, but annoying) i checked out the cue sheet and there were no pregaps or stuff like that and i didnt add the 2 secs pause in nero. I been told that when i use the mp3 file directly to make audio cd’s is impossible to get flawless transitions when i play the CD, and that i should convert it to wav first and later apply the cuesheet… i did it so and voilà , the mix was flawless… is that any true or is it a software related issue?

Greetings and thanks in advance. :bigsmile:

Ohhh my bad, i forgot to ask you something else hehe.

I’ve seen that when i insert an original cd or a copy from an original in my computer, winamp automatically searches for the title and name of the tracks.

How can i insert that info to an audio cd created from an mp3 file?

Thanks!

Originally posted by pacman2003

so i been told cdrwin does it better than any other software out there…

IMO, Feurio is the best for that.
Feurio CD-Manager -> Project -> Create project from cuesheet file
You can play the disc in the Wave Player or Track Editor exactly how it’s going to sound in you player, before burning the disc.

Check if your burner is supported:
http://www.feurio.com/English/cd_writer.shtml

and here comes the main question of my post: is there a program that does the same, but without taking so long converting the file to normal audio (like nero does)?

Feurio!

I been told that when i use the mp3 file directly to make audio cd’s is impossible to get flawless transitions when i play the CD, and that i should convert it to wav first and later apply the cuesheet… i did it so and voilà , the mix was flawless… is that any true or is it a software related issue?[/B]

It’s true.
You need a long MP3 if you want flawless transitions.
If you divide it, small silences will appear.

WAV format doesn’t have that limitation.

i tried feurio too but it isnt compatible with my burner :frowning:

What drive have you got?

EAC and Feurio can use generic drivers.
In Feurio CD-Writer, press “Info” -> Driver to try several generic drivers.
You’ll have to make tests and maybe it won’t work.

http://www.dcsoft.com/cue_mastering_progs.htm

mm, try Alcohol?