DivX to DVD+R, strange label on the screen

vbimport

Hello there:

After reading ChickenMan’s tutorial about convert DivX to DVD+R(congratulations ChickenMan, great one) and finished my first project about it everything went perfect except fot a label on the screen.

The blue label appears from start to end and says “Cinema Craft Encoder”. I think I didn’t miss any step, so I can’t understand what went wrong, or maybe it’s a normal thing?

Is there anyway to solve that problems?, Any help?

Thanks for your help. I’ll really appreciate it.

Trockie.

Hi and welcome aboard!

The blue label (some kind of watermark) that you are seeing, comes from CCE itsself. It puts it in there when it’s not registered.

What to do? You’ll have to buy this (great!) encoder. The basic version (best version for the non-pro user!) costs $58.00 here. If you plan to do some more conversions, this baby is really worth the money!!

Hey Dee-ehn

Thanks for your answer. I’ll think about it. If I can find another encoder or way to converter DivX to DVDr, buying will be the last option.

Thank you once again, great forum.

Regards, Trockie.

Originally posted by Trockie
[B]Hey Dee-ehn

Thanks for your answer. I’ll think about it. If I can find another encoder or way to converter DivX to DVDr, buying will be the last option.

Thank you once again, great forum.

Regards, Trockie. [/B]

Well there are other encoders out there. There are even some free ones, but there isn’t a single encoder that can deal with the quality CCE manages to deliver.

In a well known Dutch tech magazine (C’t mag), a review of some MPEG2 encoders was published (from free to expensive) and there wasn’t a single one that could keep up with CCE. The speed was about the highest and the image quality is superior (by far). I thkink that buying the basic version is money well spent. But make up for yourself, I don’t have anything to gain from it :slight_smile:

Thanks Dee-ehn :

You know what, maybe I’ll buy it. But I’ve got some doubts, if you could help me out in these.

Well I’m living in the UK so those 58 $ could be a lot more as I didn’t find a company selling this product in Europe.

If I have used this encoder using DVD2SVCD software, after buying CCE, do I have to use it separately?Do I have to buy more software to make it compatible?
And I’ve heard that TMPGEnc can do the same job, Is that true?

I hope I’m not bothering you with my question, sorry.

But Thank You for your advice. I really appreciate it.

Trockie.

i believe you’ll have to follow these instructions in order to use CCE Basic with DVD2SVCD. TMPGEnc can do the same job, but it’s MUCH slower and the quality isn’t as good as with CCE.

Originally posted by Trockie
[B]Thanks Dee-ehn :

Well I’m living in the UK so those 58 $ could be a lot more as I didn’t find a company selling this product in Europe.

I hope I’m not bothering you with my question, sorry.

But Thank You for your advice. I really appreciate it.

Trockie. [/B]

No you aren’t bothering us at all. We are (of course) here for helping people out and since you are quite a polite person, we aren’t even bothered a single bit! As a matter of fact, I like people that are thankful after somebody helped them out…

About buying CCE: I guess it’s possible to buy the product online. All you get after paying is a link to a certain download location and most probably some serial code (by email or so). That can be done from anywhere in the world where there’s an internet connection available, I presume…

AZImmortal, Dee-ehn, thanks for your help.

I’ll try CCE Basic trial and if I like it (I’m sure I will) I’ll buy it.

Congratulations, This is a great forum.

Once more, thanks a lot for your help. See you later.

Regards, Trockie.