Divx - Svcd

how can i convert a divx movie into svcd so i can play it on my dvd player. what converter or whatever its called do i use. im an expert computer user so want the most professional software to produce the best results, etc.

If you’re an expert you should have figured it out a long time ago…
Anyhow… if you want very good quality:
Video: divx --> vDub --> resize (vDub/avisynth) --> CCE
Audio: divx --> vDub --> Goldwave/WinAMP (decompress) --> SSRC --> tooLAME
Both: --> bbMPEG --> Nero
For fewer steps let TMPGEnc encode and resize video. Audio should be done manually to avoid issues with avi files and TMPGEnc.
//Danne

you can also look into DVD2SVCD, which automates everything.

Originally posted by DiiZzY
If you’re an expert you should have figured it out a long time ago…

lol

As Azimortal said, DVD2SVCD will do it the best using CCE as the encoder. Check out the tutorial http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59489

Yes, CCE is a better encoder than TMPGEnc Plus but then again, who wants ugly watermarks?
A regular user will most likely not notice any difference in quality and using a lossy source will make it even harder to tell the difference.
//Danne

As said here 100 times before, CCE Lite and TMPGEnc Encoder are similarly priced and there is no Watermark your refering to in either version. CCE will encode in 1/3 to 1/2 the time that TMPGEnc takes with same settings.

TMPGEnc Plus (Shareware) DOES NOT introduce watermarks so if you want to do only one or a few conversions it’s a better choice :slight_smile:
//Danne