Divx or xvid back up of 24 dvd

vbimport

HI,
I have managed to copy disc 1 of 24 and shrink it to dvd now I have problems converting it to divx with fairuse wizard. It makes a copy of only the first episode of 6 episodes on the disc at a size of 700mb. I need to make a copy of all 6 episodes at 700mb or 1400 can anyone tell me if this programme can do this and if so the settings to bring all episodes together?

Thanks for any advice
Mat:kiss:

[QUOTE=Marty10;2149681]HI,
I have managed to copy disc 1 of 24 and shrink it to dvd now I have problems converting it to divx with fairuse wizard. It makes a copy of only the first episode of 6 episodes on the disc at a size of 700mb. I need to make a copy of all 6 episodes at 700mb or 1400 can anyone tell me if this programme can do this and if so the settings to bring all episodes together?

Thanks for any advice
Mat:kiss:[/QUOTE]
Try CloneDVD Mobile & AnyDVD in conjunction to make it work…

Have fun :smiley:

Edit: to mods, I didnt put a link to the decrypter…shrugs

[I]Edit: to Macrovision… I know; no probs, it’s the forums auto link feature. However this thread is about FairUse Wizard so please don’t suggest other softwares.[/I]

Perhaps we can try answering his question rather than sending him off to use two programs he would have to pay for.

Once you have the dvd in FairUse Wizard and hit next, you’ll see a window with all the program chains. Hit the little box that says hide chains shorter than 60 seconds. (this can be adjusted but that is default). This should leave only the episodes in the window. Left click under the list of episodes, hold down the left mouse button and drag upward, highlighting all the episodes. Once you have highlighted all the episodes, hit next. That should include all of them in your encoding process.

Ok,
Thanks for the 2 ways I can do this I will give it a go before bed and leave it running. I will post a reply once I have tried fairuse wizard.
Thanks again for your time and advice.

Mat:::iagree:

I have managed to copy disc 1 of 24 and shrink it to dvd

If you are planning a conversion you should not ‘shrink’ it. I would stick with Xvid.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you helpful people.
I did succeed in divx ing the whole dvd of 24 with fairuse wizard. It took about 4 hours to do this but it works fine.
Thanks for the advice.
I shrank it down first but I see from the last advice given to me that shrinking may not be best. Should I just dvd fab it to decrypt it then use fairuse wizard for better quality??? I guess this would take longer???

Does anyone have the full licensed version of fairuse which is supposed to be quicker becasue it uses the dual core technology???

You have been a real help thanks to everyone.

Mat:iagree:

Glad to see you were successful. It is good to have some feedback from people we try to help.

As to your question, you really shouldn’t shrink the dvd down before converting to xvid. It is a big compromise in quality of the video.

Sorry I don’t have the new version. I use the old celticdruid version of FairUse Wizard on those rare occasions that I use this software. It is free and has no limits on output, but since it is the 2.6 version, it isn’t optimized for multiple cores. I see the paid version is up to 2.9 now!