Divx DVD to VCD please help

hi,
I downloaded a few movies on kazaa in the dvd divx format. now i want to save them onto cds rather than my harddrive. I have nero and a cd writer. but iam having a tough time burning these. do i need to use some special cds/ speaial steps to burn these. please help me. my hard drive is fully loaded. i need to burn these movies or delete them:confused:
thanx

Originally posted by ninja23

do i need to use some special cds/ speaial steps to burn these. please help me.

How to convert to VCD

AVI to VCD / SVCD guide

How to burn a VCD w Nero ?

Hopefully this can help you :wink:

It takes too much time to re-encode the DivX AVI files into DVD or SVCD. Just store them as DATA files on CD-R or DVD-R/+R disks.

Of course, the best and most economic way is to buy DVD movie titles.

For now use Nero and burn as data discs at 4x. If these movies are a good video quality encode then at a later time I would convert to SVCD (if your stand alone home dvd player supports).

Shoebedobedoo :cool:

Originally posted by Shoebedobedoo

For now use Nero and burn as data discs at 4x. If these movies are a good video quality encode then at a later time I would convert to SVCD (if your stand alone home dvd player supports).

Shoebedobedoo :cool:

That’s exactly what’s sometimes being done when I totally run out of space :smiley:

thanks guys. ur suggestions really helped. special thanks to BoSkin. the links were helpful. actually it solved my other problem too. 796 MB DAT files to 700MB cd. I converted the DAT files to MPG using VCDGear GUI v0.02 and then overburned it using nero. it worked. now have to work on the divx files though. will let u know about the progress. thanks again:bow: :bow:

Originally posted by ninja23

thanks guys. ur suggestions really helped. special thanks to BoSkin. the links were helpful. actually it solved my other problem too.
Muchas gracias ! :bow: :smiley: