DivX/AVI Conversion & burning

I hope someone can help me here. I have been sent a DivX AVI by a friend (I’m pretty sure it’s DivX anyway), and i would like to burn it to DVD.

I think they have taken it with a Digital video camera and converted it to DivX. I can play the file, but would like to know how i can burn it to DVD as i would like to be able to send it to my family as it’s some footage of our kids.

Any help would be appreciated.

:frowning:

there’s a tutorial in this subforum for that.

Thank you. I will check it out.
:slight_smile:

A really easy way to go would be to use NeroVision Express 2. It may not have all the features of other programs like Sonic DVDit, etc but at least you don’t stress about whether or not you’re doing it right. You can make simple menu sets, etc. I like it for my conversions. Actually, I’m backing up some of my DVD Collection now and what I do is use DVD Decrypter (Turn off File Splitting to keep it one big VOB file) and add those VOB files to NeroVision Express. I can fit 2 or 3 of my movies on one disc for a backup and quality looks absolute superb! I’m watching Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas now that was done like that and I can’t tell much difference between it and the real DVD. :slight_smile: