Divx 2 dvd

Does anybody know what prog. I can use 2 convert divx movies to .vob files.

I want to do this so I can burn them on a dvdr so I can play them in a stand alone dvd-player

DivX is DVD-Rip what means it can’t be converted back to DVD files! Another thing is that the quality of the vob’s will be pretty bad!

Damned, I hoped it could be done with a minimum of quality loss

It can’t be done!

of course you can do it (I Don’t know if there are any programs for ) but you will never get dvd quality. The quality will still be the same as the original DivX
(the same for mp3, you can convert them back to cd-audio)

couldn’t you just convert the DivX to mpeg and ten to .vob I don’t know anything about dvd burners, but wouldn’t that work?

I believe that DVD-Burning software will automatically convert an *.avi to DVD format. But how to do it without a DVD burner, I do not know.

I’ve made MiniDVD’s before (on CDR) and you can create Mpeg-2 files and rename them to a .VOB extension.

All that the DVD VOB files are is an MPEG2 renamed to VOB!

Of course, encoding DivX back to high-bitrate Mpeg2 will take a shitload amount of time and CPU!

Originally posted by DanDaMan1487
Of course, encoding DivX back to high-bitrate Mpeg2 will take a shitload amount of time and CPU!

I think that will be ok because I use a PIV 2.0 with 1024Rdram to decode my movies

Originally posted by Sorcerer
DivX is DVD-Rip what means it can’t be converted back to DVD files! Another thing is that the quality of the vob’s will be pretty bad!

You’ll need a DVD mastering software like the DVD Fusion from Sonic. And IT CAN BE DONE. You won’t directly “see” the VOB file. But the software will either create a image, or burn the thing into a DVD-R/RW … then maybe you can extract from it later.

Or if you just want to encode to MPEG-II VBR, you can try using some MPEG-II encoders.

The biggest problem after you are able to get the divix file converted is to get it to 1 dvd most dvd movies you remember are bigger than 4.7 gig unless you have a dvd ram burner that burns on both sides to get 9.4 gig storage…