Divine Divinity : How to create an image?

Hi,

I just want to know how to create a clean image of Divine Divinity. There are two installation discs and one play disc. When i create an image succesfully of CD1install it said “Please insert CD1install to continue”. When I burn the CD, there is the same message. Is it a CD protection or i just have to edit the setup.exe ?

Sorry for my english, im french and n00b too :slight_smile:

Juste another question : Ive got a traxdata 201040plus, is it possible to burn CD with SD2 ? like morrowind or divine divinity playable CD ?

Thanks a lot

When i create an image with CloneCD of Morrowind CD1, i’ve got errors, does the image is bad ? or its possible that works after ?

If you mean TraxData 241040, then you can write SD2. But the 201040 is certainly no LiteOn, so it might be impossible to write SD2 with it. Try AWS

Every SD2 disc contains lots of errors. That’s normal.

BTW there’s no reason to put “sorry for my english” to posts…if anyone says that you’re stupid because of some mistakes in grammar or spelling, he will be bashed…my french isn’t good either :slight_smile:

I always put “sorry for my english” :slight_smile: Humm, what is AWS ?

Amplify Weak Sectors.

=> have a look into the Clone-CD FAQ

Ok, thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Anybody have burn Divine Divinity ? :slight_smile:

Hello magnetyk,

Please ask Dazog and use the search button.

Originally posted by Dazog
[B]Divine Divinity

Safe Disc v2.80.010

Its out and about…

3 on its way soon. [/B]

BTW: My French is horrible.

Regards, sven

Yes, i read those posts, but when i make an image or burn this image, when i want to install the game, there is a message like “please insert installation cd 1” … and it’s the cd 1 loaded…

I’ve never heard of this phenomenon :eek:

Installing should never be a problem from a backup…usually bad backups fail when you try to play the game…

Maybe a kind of installation like the red alert 2 one, which performed the sd2 checks at install time to ensure it was the original. But RA2 was the only one I saw presenting this behavior.

By the way : my french is very good :stuck_out_tongue: and I think Alex’s one is very honorable (i would like to say that my german is as good as your french, but it’s not the case)

Originally posted by magnetyk
Yes, i read those posts, but when i make an image or burn this image, when i want to install the game, there is a message like “please insert installation cd 1” … and it’s the cd 1 loaded…
I think :slight_smile: you’re missing a couple of points that have been made.[ul][li]the protection is SafeDisc 2[]Depending on your burner, you may or may NOT be able to back it up[]There are many errors in a SafeDisc 2 readlog, which is normal. The errors stop at about 10.000 and the read progesses without further incident[]If you can create a 1:1 image (RAW) then it should work in Daemon Tools without emulation; if it doesn’t then the read is imperfect and not worth burning[]Next, the image has to be written correctly with a suitable burner* (one sheep + AWS > works mostly OR two sheep -AWS)[*]If you are playing from a burner, you must enable Hide CD-R Media in the System Tray Icon[/ul]
[/li]
*Correct EFM-Encoding of Regular Bit Patterns:

two sheep = Drive writes regular bit patterns correctly.
one sheep = Drive writes regular bit patterns almost correctly.
no sheep = Drive does not write regular bit patterns correctly.

Read the FAQ for hints, tips and explanations

My image was created correctly, all have been done correctly… but this message is always here…

I suggest that you recreate an image using the following method :

-1- Select safedisc emulation in daemon tool menu
-2- Install the game and/or run it (**)
-3- Exit the game
-4- Create the image with clonecd (for example) (*)
-5- Test the image which should work without any emulation
-6- Burn the image
-7- Play with ou without safedisc emulation (securom could also be usefull to hide cdr media)

(*) This is known as fastdump method and allows you to create a perfect safedisc image very quicly (first 10000 sectors in a few seconds), if it doesn’t work you can check if your game is really protected by safedisc .

(**) you have to check if the installation process activates the fastdump method or if you have to run the game itself but, don’t forget that weak sectors could be different foreach cd and so you have to do the fastdump process with each cd to backup .

Don’t forget that if the game was installed from cd reader X, a lot of program request the cd to be always in drive X (you can edit and modify the registry the correct that)

ET BIEN MOI AUSSI JE PARLE FRANCAIS …
And so do I speak franch …

Thx a lot i will try this tomorrow :slight_smile:

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]I think :slight_smile: you’re missing a couple of points that have been made.[ul][li]the protection is SafeDisc 2[]Depending on your burner, you may or may NOT be able to back it up[]There are many errors in a SafeDisc 2 readlog, which is normal. The errors stop at about 10.000 and the read progesses without further incident[]If you can create a 1:1 image (RAW) then it should work in Daemon Tools without emulation; if it doesn’t then the read is imperfect and not worth burning[]Next, the image has to be written correctly with a suitable burner* (one sheep + AWS > works mostly OR two sheep -AWS)[*]If you are playing from a burner, you must enable Hide CD-R Media in the System Tray Icon[/ul]
[/li]>
*Correct EFM-Encoding of Regular Bit Patterns:

one sheep = Drive writes regular bit patterns correctly.
two sheep = Drive writes regular bit patterns almost correctly.
no sheep = Drive does not write regular bit patterns correctly.

Read the FAQ for hints, tips and explanations [/B]

FutureProof, I am confused :confused: - I thought one sheep means “almost correctly” and two sheeps mean “correctly” ? Am I wrong :o

Agni, you’re right…almost: I’m not sure if a two sheep burner will write all patterns correctly. I haven’t seen one on a SD2 cd yet, but a 7AB9 might even be hard for a 2 sheep burner.

Originally posted by Agni
[B]

FutureProof, I am confused :confused: - I thought one sheep means “almost correctly” and two sheeps mean “correctly” ? Am I wrong :o [/B]
Fixed. Just a typo when converting sheep icons to text :stuck_out_tongue:

“one sheep+aws” won’t work with plextor 48x :frowning:

Urg, english is too hard, i cant understand lol :slight_smile:

What sentence do you not understand?