Disks not playable

vbimport

1. I burn with DVDFab.
  2. At the end of the burn it says “Process Completed”
  3. I try the copy in my standalone player but player won’t recognize it, says “no disc.”
  4. I burn with DVDShrink from the DVDFab copy and the DVDShrink copy works fine in my standalone player.

Or
5. Burn with DVDFab to folder and then burn with DVDShrink, that copy works fine in my standalone.

I have used DVDFab, the same burner and the same blank media for years with no problems.

I don’t get any error messages. I have tried uninstalling DVDFab and reinstalling only to get the same results.

I don’t want to give up on DVDFab because it is a great program.

I am sitting here scratching my head and getting nowhere.

Any ideas?

[quote=pehvah;2153529]1. I burn with DVDFab.
2. At the end of the burn it says "Process Completed"
3. I try the copy in my standalone player but player won’t recognize it, says "no disc."
4. I burn with DVDShrink from the DVDFab copy and the DVDShrink copy works fine in my standalone player.

Or
5. Burn with DVDFab to folder and then burn with DVDShrink, that copy works fine in my standalone.

I have used DVDFab, the same burner and the same blank media for years with no problems.

I don’t get any error messages. I have tried uninstalling DVDFab and reinstalling only to get the same results.

I don’t want to give up on DVDFab because it is a great program.

I am sitting here scratching my head and getting nowhere.

Any ideas?[/quote]
If you have ImgBurn installed then go into common settings -->write and select ImgBurn as the burn engine, if you don’t have ImgBurn then download it from the ImgBurn website … it is free

you can also check to make sure you are not burning to fast and the disc has been closed/finalized

Dvd+R or Dvd-R?

dvdfab uses VSO for burning

dvdshrink uses Ner0 for burning

seems that vso is not properly finalizing or at least not producing a disc which is compatible with your standalone dvd player.

you can set Ner0 as the burning engine for dvdfab or as stormjumper suggested you can also use ImgBurn.

i recommend using ImgBurn. once you have ImgBurn installed, set it to the burning engine in dvdfab. then in imgburn > tools > settings > build > dont prompt image details

There have been problems with VSO for a lot of users lately, particularly with Finalizing the disc.
You may be able to resolve this easily and continue to use VSO… or you may may end up pulling your hair out and still have it fail.
I agree with Troy…

[QUOTE=troy512;2153689]i recommend using ImgBurn. once you have ImgBurn installed, set it to the burning engine in dvdfab. then in imgburn > tools > settings > build > dont prompt image details[/QUOTE]
:iagree:

Does it just make an image to burn to disk or copy all files from movie?

depending on how you have dvdfab setup there are a variety of outputs and options.

setting ImgBurn as the burn engine here is the default process.

[ol]
[li]DVDFab rips Original DVD to hard drive in temporary directory
[/li]
[li]dvdfab calls ImgBurn and sends the appropriate information
[/li]
[li]ImgBurn writes to dvd disc the information supplied from DVDFab
[/li]
[li]dvdfab deletes the temporary files after burning is complete
[/li]
[li]you watch your dvdback up on stand alone dvd player
[/li][/ol]

so once you have dvdfab setup the way you like, next time you open dvdfab all you have to do is click Next and Start. wait for burning to complete, click finished, close dvdfab. :slight_smile: easy cheesy

Thanks everyone for your help. I use ImgBurn now and no more coasters. I wonder if the authors of DVDFab are aware of this problem with the VSO engine. I have used DVDFab and the VSO engine for years with no problems and I can’t figure out what caused this to happen. Oh well I guess ImgBurn will work fine. Any ideas from anyone about this problem? Thanks again!

i have recently communicated directly with fengtao and fabrice from VSO. fabrice questioned the quality of blank disc and burning drives [generic response] and fengtao didnt answer.

ive went through a fight in the past to get the VSO engine fixed. i just use imgburn now so im not going through it again.

Hi again pehvah
not really sure what has been going with the VSO burn engine, seems more and more members are having various problems with it.

ImgBurn is a much better burn engine and compatible with most if not all drive/burners.

Anyway glad the ImgBurn suggestion worked for you, have a nice evening :flower:

SJ :cool:

Hello all, I have been having same issues with playable discs in my Denon 5910 reference player especially DL freezing up or not playing at all, SL are hit and miss with all the software revisions some discs will play in other standalones but not in the Denon. I use Verbatim printables MIS and burn at half the speed of the disc capacity, I have used VSO and Imageburn and get same results, I use an HP external burner with firmware updates, is this a crappy burner and what is the best burner to use. Also are dvd pluses or dvd minus better. I have been fighting with this for about six months I never had any problems prior to. I can usually use an older version of Fab and not have any problems. Thanks for all you help.

Hi loberle
Do you have this problem if you use a internal drive/burner ?
also when you do a backup it is always a good idea to make sure that you have no programs running in the background and/or disable or deny any apps access to the internet during the burn process like windows update, anti-virus software or any other programs that connect to the internet periodically checks for updates…this can cause the problem you are having specially with external drives (USB connection have low level priority status when it comes to system resources)

Thank you for the fast reply, I have tried an internal burner with same results. I have been having the issues with My Denon player most of the time the discs will play in other standalones, I thought maybe a problem with the Denon but it will play all the originals(store bought) discs with no problem. I have nothing running in the background when I decrypt and or burn. It seems that older versions of Fab dont give me these issues.

Have you used a lens cleaner on the Denon player ?
also the media you are using are they -R or +R ?
if they are +R are you setting booktype to DVD-Rom on them ?

I have tried lense cleaner (how effective are they?)and I use +Rs I am not certain that my burner supports booksetting.HP1040e. Thank you for your continuos replys.

The HP 1040e is manufactured by Lite-on electronics just for HP, and you maybe right about non support for booktype setting…this maybe the problem.
Does your Denon player read +R DVDs ?, also have you tried -R media ?

Yes Denon does reads +Rs I usually dont have a problem with single layer discs it is almost always with dual layers. I never had any problems until about the last six to eight months of Fab software revisions. I dont know if that has anything to do with it. I know my paticular Denon is a high end player. Are high end palyers more picky about what they are reading? Maybe a small bug in Fab software that the Denon does not like. With the latest Fab my player will not even play single layer disc burnt with vso and imageburn. the beta prior to the latest Fab will play single layer disc but not dual layer.

ok let me ask you this…the D/L discs do they play at all if so is the problem around the middle of playback ?
Try going into common settings–>Protection and make sure that there is NO check mark next to “remove layer break”.
it maybe that your device does not like the new layer break position that is selected by DVDFab, not saying this is the problem but worth a try :smiley: for the D/L anyway

I will look into that when I get home, not sure if it is checked or not. I will let you know what I find, again Thank you for your kind support.

Anytime my friend tis what CD Freaks is all about…helping each other :wink: