Disk not recognised

I have no problem with 700mb media but the new 4gb disks are not recognised. Message is “please insert a disk into the drive”. Is this a capacity issue or do I have anther problem?

[QUOTE=acompaq;2140699]I have no problem with 700mb media but the new 4gb disks are not recognised. Message is “please insert a disk into the drive”. Is this a capacity issue or do I have anther problem?[/QUOTE]

What kind 4G disk are you referring to? What kind drive do you have and model and firmware? We need more specs your giving to much general?? What kind a O/S are you using?

[QUOTE=acompaq;2140699]I have no problem with 700mb media but the new 4gb disks are not recognised. Message is “please insert a disk into the drive”. Is this a capacity issue or do I have anther problem?[/QUOTE]

You posted the same question four days ago, were asked some questions by a CDF member (but you didn’t respond) and then your thread was hijacked by another user.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/hi-254037/

You were asked good questions then and now in this thread. People will have a hard time helping you if you don’t follow the thread. What program(s) are you using and what are you doing when the message pops up?

The problem may be that you are using a cd player when you should be using a dvd player. CD players will not handle 4gig disks. If you plan to replace the drive with a newdvd drive, consider using a drive that will read double sided double density dvds 8 gig. You may also want to consider blue ray as some of the newer drives will read a variety of older formats as well.