Disk drive not found?

vbimport

I have a Dell inspiron E1705 laptop, running Windows XP, which has never had issues with the CD/DVD drive before.

The drive is listed in device manager, but not in My Computer. is “TSSTcorp DVD±RW TS-L632D”. (There’s also another drive listed, which turned up no results when I googled it.)

I’ve attempted to update drivers and firmware, but everytime I try to run it, it says there is no disk drive.

The CD drive was working fine 48 hours ago, and nothing that should affect the disk drive had happened since then.

Any help would be appreciated. I’m not even sure what happened, let alone what’s wrong or how to fix it.

The same thing happened to me with my d drive a month ago.
I googled “lost d drive” + downloaded digital support link(free). Ran it + it brought back my lost d drive. Maybe it will work w/your prob. Good luck. Rv61863

Try uninstall your secondary ide channel in the device manager and reboot, xp will reinstall the channel and the drive.

Tried uninstalling the 2ndary ide channel and rebooting, but it doesn’t appear to have done anything. The drive is recognized in device manager, but still not in My Computer. This may not be helpful, but next to the drive in device manager, the icon has an exclamation point on it.

I tried googling “lost d drive”, but the first dozen results (mostly forums or issues with iTunes) didn’t mention a support link. Do you remember the website?

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

Try this- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/EN-US/ - use the guided help.