Disk Dirty....Error

vbimport

Hi,

I have 2 different burner on my NEC notebook running on WinXPSP2.
One is a Lacie USB external DVD writer, the other is an internal burner (do not know the BRAND).

I use the external writer as a Source and the internal as a Target. And the DVD to DVD mode in DVD Fab is “Main”. Write engine is VSO.
The copied movie was able to play on a stand alone DVD player attached to my TV.

However, I tried copying another movie, using the same target and destination but the write engine is Imgburn.

The disk cannot be played on the stand alone player. The error message appeared on my TV is “ERROR = DISK IS DIRTY”

But I was ableo to play the Disk on my PC using Video Lan.

I have tried 3 disks, they all FAILED when I burn using IMGBURN. So, are there any settings to the IMGburn that must be performed prior to using it for burning
Of course, I can still use VSO engine, but I would like to have the options of using
IMGBurn, since I do not own NERO.

Thank you.

Just curious Monster but, you do have IMGBurn installed right?
Maybe check verify disc in “Write” settings.

EDIT: noticed you can play the IMGBurn disc with VLC…so disregard…
Maybe try with diff media,see the results. Also try rip to HDD only then IMGburn separately to burn,you never know…good luck!

please use latest imgburn 2400. imgburn.com

in imgburn, go to tools, settings, click restore defaults. then click on build tab, select all the dont prompt, and answer yes. then click ok to save settings. then go to write mode and select your write speed.

the speed at which you need to burn will vary depending on your drive and media you are using. while in write mode select your dvd burner, then insert a blank dvd and copy and paste the info into a reply post.

[QUOTE=Sea Monster;2026838]Hi,

So, are there any settings to the IMGburn that must be performed prior to using it for burning
Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Maybe reading this can help
http://club.cdfreaks.com/2026605-post12.html

May I ask why you want to use ImgBurn when the VSO burn engine works fine for you?

If it ain’t broke, why fix it?

Of course, I can still use VSO engine, but I would like to have the options of using
IMGBurn, since I do not own NERO.

options :slight_smile:

nice to have a box of nice tools, just in case you want/need to use them. :slight_smile:

for me VSO works just fine as well. :clap: i just like all the features ImgBurn has to offer. :cool:

[quote=GregiBoy;2027196]May I ask why you want to use ImgBurn when the VSO burn engine works fine for you?

If it ain’t broke, why fix it?[/quote]

Naturally, if it ain’t broken then why fix it

… I think Microsoft should learn this. Look at Vista (Oops! this is a different forum with different topic).

Also, human instinct to try…we can never improve without trying. That goes for DVDFab. Since DVDFab as offered different burn engines, we should try them, otherwise, we would not have this forum.

Cheers !!

Can any one let me know if there are compatible issues between LACIE EXTERNAL USB DVD Writer and DVDFab.

My is really New. And is making CRACKING noise when burning using DVDFAB. Other burning prpgrams are okay (EMC).

Thank you

Lacie kit is a POS…

I have a Lacie 1300A burner as an external drive conneted via Firewire and have never had a problem (touch wood).

Although it’s badges as Lacie it’s actually a NEC drive and my newer PC has one of these built in (NEC 3540A) and have never had a problem with either the external or internal drive.

There’s always a common thread about media which tends to be Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden (TY from Singapore) but what are the “best” drives by manafacture ?

I see alot of people use Lite-On ?