Disk defragmenter won't start

as soon as i installed WINDOWS 7, i started playing around trying to disable unnecessary programs from startup by disabling programs from “services.msc”. i have no idea which one effects the disk defragmenter service

when i try to click on disk defragmenter, i get this message “Disk Deframenter cannot start because the task scheduler service is not running. start the task scheduler service and try again”

i did not disable “Tash Scheduler” so i don’t understand why i get that message.

Welcome to MyCE! :flower:

[QUOTE=avaras2002;2461157]…i started playing around trying to disable unnecessary programs from startup by disabling programs from “services.msc”…[/QUOTE]

That was your first mistake. :bigsmile:

You really shouldn’t mess with services unless you know exactly what you are doing. You can really mess up Windows that way. In the future, just leave that alone.

Now that you’ve done it, go back into services, and double-check to see if the Task Scheduler is running, and if it’s set to start automatically.

You might check this link for the default & suggested settings:

If you know what defragger is installed Diskeeper for example.Find it in the Services & set it to Automatic to start with.
Reboot.See if it works.If it does you can try to see how it works with the manual setting.
You probably disabled it.