Disicples 2

Does anyone else have Disciples 2? This game is awesome - however, I’m having some trouble making a backup copy. If anyone could help me out with that aspect, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

-Skippy

[I have a Plextor 24x CD burner]

Using Clone CD?

Yup, clone cd. When I try to play the backup it works on my computer. But when I try to play it on my parents computer, it only works with the original CD and not with the backup copy.

Your burner brand & model?

I am not familar with this title - can you post a read log? (leaving out any huuuge list of errors!)

If you’re not complaining about time or errors maybe it’s SecuROM…just guessing

use clony to find the protection

I have a Plextor 24x10x40a. I used Clony to see what type of copy protection it had on it, and it told me that it wasn’t protected (which it obviously is). When I try to play the backup from the shortcut, it just spins, and when I try to use the .exe on the backup it tells me I am missing a .dll which is present in the Disciples 2 folder. If it is securom, how would I go about making a working backup copy?

Originally posted by SkippyDumptruck
If it is securom, how would I go about making a working backup copy?
Read with ‘Read SubChannel Data from Data Tracks’ enabled. All other options default.

I think you have to read subchannel data from audio track as well
or is that for securom new I cant remember

[ul]
[li]audio subs are not required for any current (Jan 02) version of SecuROM
[/li][li]audio subs are not required for any current (Jan 02) version of LibCrypt (PS1 & PS2 on CD)
[/li][li]only audio subs are required for CD-DA
[/li][li] both are required for ProtectCD (VOB)
[/li][li]neither (none, not at all, unticked) are required for SafeDisc
[/li][/ul]
OK, I’m not anal about this but I want to show that some settings are simply unnecessary in an attempt to de-mystify the settings process.

Many people cry Eureka when they tick subs for their 2nd attempt at SD2, HOWEVER, 9/10 they have reduced the read speed &/or write speed

When I try to play the backup it works on my computer. But when I try to play it on my parents computer, it only works with the original CD and not with the backup copy.

Well some backup copies if it’s Safedisk2 or securRom can only play from CD-burners they burned on. A CD-ROM hard to read such back-ups. IMHO that’s why you can play it on your computer and not on your parents computer. just a thought though.
SAFEDISK V2 put high demands on hardware.