Dish to GoVideo to Clone DVD2 Problem

vbimport

I bought a Govideo dvd/vcr unit and have had great success copying some old videos to dvd. I have also engaged in the practice of recording some stuff from tv onto my dish receiver (dvx?) and then playing it back and recording onto a dvd-rw. I have then taken the dvd-rw and used clone dvd2 to copy it onto a dvd-r. I have not had any problems until today. I recorded a number of wood working shows and then played back one at a time while recording on dvd-rw on the Govideo. When I would reach the end of one show, I would pause the Govideo, start the next show and resume recording. This worked very well although a bit cumbersome. When I was done, I finalized the dvd-rw so that my computer would recognise it, then ran Clone DVD2. It got to 2% and gave me this error: “copy not successful unexpected error” the log says “Clone 0 Clone 6 TCE”
Any DVD shows info on this dvd as:
Summary for drive E:
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rw (version 2), Layers: 1

Video DVD (or CD) label: GO-Video RECODER
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4 5 6!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I tried it on another machine and got the exact same errors and information.

Any ideas?

If this disc has no copy protection anywhere and is region free, maybe you could try processing it without anydvd running at all?

Rich86, that was a good idea, but it says the same thing, creation of dvd files failed. I wonder if it has anything to do with my pausing the record. I kinda doubt it because it does not stop where I paused it. This is pretty strange. Thanks for your suggestion.

Have you tried any other programs? Can DVDShrink read and process it ok?
Do you have Roxio’s EMC7 - can DiscCopier in EMC7 handle it? Some experimentation might help determine if the issue is specific to your CloneDVD2?

Rich86, the only other DVD copying program I have is what came with my Plextor PX 716A, Roxio Easy DVD Creator. I hadn’t thought of even trying it but I will. I’ll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Rich86, well, I tried Roxio and it worked flawlessly. I sent an email to Slysoft to see if they can figure anything out. As long as I can copy these with some program, I’m happy. I do think it’s really strange that Clonedvd2 would not do it and had the same exact error on two machines. I’ll post to let you know what they say if you are interested.

Thanks for your help Rich86 and the brilliant idea of trying something else!

You can try third button “write existing data”, this should work.
You can use CloneCD as an alternative as well.

Tru, the only problem with that is there is no existing data to write. The error comes after Clonedvd2 is at 2% reading the files, not writing. I did try to do an iso/udf but that wouldn’t work either. It is really wierd that it just won’t read the files and Roxio will.

@dubruoy
what version of anydvd are you using?

Frisk, I’m using Any DVD 5.3.2.1 I do believe. I have religiously kept all three products (any dvd, clone dvd2 and clone cd) up to date, however, I have a dialup at home and so sometimes I fall a few days behind. If it is not 5.3.2.1, it is the version previous. I will check when I get home. The version I have here is 5.3.2.1 and it gave me the same information and Clone DVD2 gave me the same error.

got the same problem :frowning: I noticed the main movie won’t preview in clonedvd2, but other features will…weird!
Summary for drive G:
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1

Video DVD (or CD) label: BHP_7SECONDS
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4 5 6 8!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!