Discussion Thread for AnyDVD 6.1.8.6 BETA

AnyDVD (HD) 6.1.8.6 beta
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6186.exe

6.1.8.6 2007 10 24

• New (HD DVD): Added new option to automatically rename the XPL file
    with the highest number. This option is very helpful, as it allows
    PowerDVD Ultra to play back new HD DVD discs from Universal.
  • Fix (DVD): On some discs, CSS decryption did not work properly,
    causing a PS18 error in CloneDVD / AnyDVD ripper
  • Fix (DVD): “IFOFormat 0” error on some new copy protected discs
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

Thanks alan 1476

Thanks,alan1476

Just remember you guys and gals , this is a beta so if you find a bug please let us know.:iagree:

J/W, What is PS18 error?

PS18 = PESScramblingControlUnsupported

This means, that CloneDVD detected a CSS encrypted sector on an unencrypted disc. This happens, if AnyDVD is exited during copy / transcoding, shuts down because it was [B]cracked [/B]or if the user changed AnyDVD’s settings while using CloneDVD.

It should never happen during normal operation as CloneDVD will not start to copy an encrypted disc.

OK. Thanks for the extra info.

In certain cases this could also happen with the [U]AnyDVD ripper[/U] which uses some [U]CloneDVD[/U] code.

[U]AnyDVD[/U] 6.1.8.6 [I]beta[/I] has resolved the [U]PS 18 TCE[/U] ([U]CSS[/U]) problem that prevented people from making full-disc backups with [U]Blades of Glory[/U]. That was the only disc where this problem was ever with [U]AnyDVD[/U] 6.1.8.4.

this version doesn’t fix the Meet the Robinsons go from chapter 15 to beginning then go to chapter 17 problem and other weird crap like having 3 angles when viewing a clone movie angle-1 rip with dvdshrink

turning off AI scanner as suggested in the SS forum did prevent the first problem, but not the second

Installed New version and Hostel 2 Blu-Ray still does not work?

Any ideas.

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 21118624 sectors (41247 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: HOSTEL_2
Media is AACS protected!
Failed to send host key!
ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc!

[QUOTE=stevo714;1916508]Installed New version and Hostel 2 Blu-Ray still does not work?

Any ideas.

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 21118624 sectors (41247 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: HOSTEL_2
Media is AACS protected!
Failed to send host key!
ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc![/QUOTE]

I bet it has BD+ and that’s not supported as of yet.

I bet you are right Dr. Who. Although I am not sure LOL.:disagree:

That’s unlikely. It’s most likely an MBKV4 issue. That is still not fully dealt with in the latest version of AnyDVD as far as I know.

I thought MBKV4 was HD and bluray is BD-J and BD+? If all goes well I’ll soon have a hd and a bd drive. Well around Christmas that is. I really have no ideal but speculating from what I have been reading on slysoft’s forum.

No. Both Blu-ray and HD DVD use AACS encryption, which is what MBKV4 is all about. On top of that, Blu-ray can also have BD+. BD-J is just for extras and has nothing to do with the protection.

[QUOTE=SamuriHL;1916722]No. Both Blu-ray and HD DVD use AACS encryption, which is what MBKV4 is all about. On top of that, Blu-ray can also have BD+. BD-J is just for extras and has nothing to do with the protection.[/QUOTE]

Well bend me over :stuck_out_tongue: I thought the other way around thanks for the info.