Discussion: DVDFab (Platinum/Gold/HD Decrypter) (Option: Mobile) 5.0.8.5 is out

vbimport

Thanks for that!

I’m sure many of us love to see the HD/BD Update!
Thanks alot for fixing the problem on switching audio-streams in preview!

Dear fengtao, some time back I reported a compatibility issue with VLC and Fab’s “customice split” mode.
Did you find time to have a look on it?

With best regards!

Wow, partial BD support! Just to be clear, does that mean I can copy some BD discs to BD or copy BD to DVD?

Thanks I Will Try It When I Get Home Sunday Thanks Again

[QUOTE=rendez2k;2111480]Wow, partial BD support! Just to be clear, does that mean I can copy some BD discs to BD or copy BD to DVD?[/QUOTE]I would guess this means you can rip “some” BD discs…period…once they’re ripped, you should be able to copy the files to the location of your choice. I’m not sure why you would compress a BD disc to a dvd, but I’ve never entered the BD universe…:wink:

[QUOTE=maineman;2111578]I would guess this means you can rip “some” BD discs…period…once they’re ripped, you should be able to copy the files to the location of your choice. I’m not sure why you would compress a BD disc to a dvd, but I’ve never entered the BD universe…;)[/QUOTE]

Actually, compressing BDs to say a dual layer DVD using h.264 results in excellent quality and only a few programs can do it at the moment (RipBot264 springs to mind) so I was hoping DVDFab may have included a similar feature.

[QUOTE=rendez2k;2111582]Actually, compressing BDs to say a dual layer DVD using h.264 results in excellent quality and only a few programs can do it at the moment (RipBot264 springs to mind) so I was hoping DVDFab may have included a similar feature.[/QUOTE]

Having done Ipod conversions using h.264 and getting great results, what you said makes a great deal of sense. As I said, I don’t know beans about BD, but I suspect the blanks are still pretty pricey.

When I do decide to enter the[I] BD Universe[/I], this is a great alternative.
Thanks very much for the info…:flower:

Would someone care to explain just how we can actually manage to backup a HD/BD disc?

I tried [U]Dune[/U] (HD-DVD) [[I]November 28, 2006[/I]], [U]Transformers[/U] (HD-DVD) [[I]October 16, 2007[/I]], [U]Ratatouille[/U] (BD) [November 6, 2007], [U]Appleseed Ex Machina /U [March 11, 2008], and [U]Blade Runner: Five-Disc Complete Collector’s Edition[/U] (BD) [December 18, 2007]. [U]DVDFab Decrypter[/U] won’t even acknowledge that they’re in the drive.

Yeah, I know support isn’t [I]“official”[/I] but I’d like to know how to actually do it.

Hi DrinkLyeAndDie,

If you have played the discs on PC with PowerDVD or WinDVD, then your drive is revoked, so that DVDFab cannot work.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

but I’ve never entered the BD universe…

Me neither, and I have absolutely no plans to do so as far as I can see over the horizon. The more I read about what’s involved (and of course the cost and limitations), the more I go, “no thanks, you can have it”. When I ask myself why would I go there, I can’t come up with a single reason. Unless my viewing habits change drastically, the only way I could ever see myself switching is the day DVD movies are no longer made. I don’t see that happening any time soon.

[QUOTE=Mike89;2111631]Me neither, and I have absolutely no plans to do so as far as I can see over the horizon. The more I read about what’s involved (and of course the cost and limitations), the more I go, “no thanks, you can have it”. When I ask myself why would I go there, I can’t come up with a single reason. Unless my viewing habits change drastically, the only way I could ever see myself switching is the day DVD movies are no longer made. I don’t see that happening any time soon.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I guess I probably should have said[B] if[/B] and not [B]when [/B] in my subsequent post…:doh:
there is this small hurdle called a wife…:eek:

I have to admit though, I’m pretty impressed with the picture quality of BD.
I still have a regular 32" TV…it’s got a flat screen and a great picture for what it is, but it’s still only what it is.
My Pioneer DV-48 AV upconverting dvd player is about as good as it’s going to get until we move and I build my “man cave”…:cool:

For the same reasons you gave, I honestly don’t know if I’ll ever pursue BD either…

[QUOTE=fengtao;2111615]Hi DrinkLyeAndDie,

If you have played the discs on PC with PowerDVD or WinDVD, then your drive is revoked, so that DVDFab cannot work.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

Thank you for taking the time to respond, [I]Fengtao[/I]. Your reply was greatly appreciated.

Fantastic support with this product.
I Still beleive this is the best tool for backups/ conversions.
Even if I’m still having problems with NintendoDS: the DPG files still have an annoying glitch on any film I throw at it. Still have to convert to generic and throw it at dpgenc to convert to .dpg without flaw.
Hope you can get round to this issue soon.
The problem …
It looks as though the centre right section of the screen is not updating this is most apparent in Mr & Mrs Smith on opening titles, When it swiches to a title from the couch it is smeared from the text in centre to far right.
This is on an AMD 64 6000+ Dual core 2.0gb RAM and xp pro SP3.
On the fully paid up Platinum with mobile option.
Regards and many thanks
Nik

:clap::DHave not even tried the last one. Thanks for the great work guys.

I’m not a DVDFab user, and its been a while since I’ve downloaded the HD Decrypter portion…can’t say I like the new opening interface, where you have to select HD Decrypter. This will be confusing to people new to the program.

I recommend using the free option to lots of people who come looking for such a program. I’m sure familiarity with HD Decrypter leads to more sales of the full program, but this interface will confuse them on how long the free program works. I forsee many questions in the newbie section about this.

I find the opening offputting to say the least. But, as I said, I don’t use this program and don’t have to put up with it. I just like to be familiar with programs that I recommend to newbies.

i guess it has been awhile Kerry :slight_smile: and yes there were [B]a lot[/B] of questions and concerns when it was first implemented. pretty much just a single user here and there now. :slight_smile: and this is just if using the trial or hd decrypter, when you install the registration key you go directly to gold/platinum. when your trial runs out you are still given this “Nag” screen, but hey it is a free updated decrypter. :slight_smile:

5.0.2.0 (May 9, 2008)

• New: All-in-one installer for DVDFab Platinum/Gold/HD Decrypter. User can try any one, then decide which one to buy.

Hey, I’m only three months behind. That’s good for me! :slight_smile:

Still don’t like this “addition” to the program, but not really my problem. I may have to adjust my recommendations slightly, to warn newbies, but not a big deal.

I use other tools I’ve found to work extremely well for anything and everything that DVDFab can do, so I’ll stick with them.

off topic:

yeah Kerry there has been many many complaints about this same thing and from the replies i have read it will not change. Fengtao and Co. must have a good reason for it or it would not be like this.

The thing that bothers me the most is people are forced to lose their free trials just to use the free decrypter. They might try the Gold/Platinum/Mobile features at a later date and buy it but this way i doubt they will as often. I have seen this happen here. But hey it’s their product not mine.

By the way if anyone is wondering i have had Platinum/Mobile version since v3.

I could be wrong, but if you go to his download web site at DVDFab, at the bottom is Free Stuff which will take you to the free version of Fab. I don’t think it will have a trial period.

[QUOTE=camper913;2111744]I could be wrong, but if you go to his download web site at DVDFab, at the bottom is Free Stuff which will take you to the free version of Fab. I don’t think it will have a trial period.[/QUOTE]It’s the same…

Yes, sad to say, it seems the nag screen is here to stay. For peeps who only want the freeware decrypter, this is a bit offputting and probably doesn’t stimulate sales anyway.

Still, it’s only one click.

Regards