1. Taiyo Yuden
3. Full disk, Main Movie, Clone and Customize
4. Iâ€™ve used both SAO and Packet writing with the same results.
5. VSO - I will try the Nero burn engine on the next copy.
1. No I just joined today.
2. Iâ€™ve seen other people with similar problems post their concerns.
3. They have either Windows XP Home or Media edition
4. No other backup software running in fact most of the computers only have DVDFab Platinum 3 in addition, of course, to whatever comes with Windows XP.
5. The VSO engine I havenâ€™t tried it with Nero yet.
6. I also have, on my computer, Clone DVD and AnyDVD, not as versatile as DVDFab Platinum but it is reliable. My other friends have no other software, as a matter of fact they all have new computers, only a few months old, so they really havenâ€™t had time to screw them up too badly â€“ another reason this is so confusing.
As Iâ€™ve said I used the older version of DVDFab Platinum and it was always rock solid. Although Version 3 is wider in scope, which is appreciated, it seems to have quite a few problems Iâ€™ve never encountered before. I should mention, as it may help you to figure out whatâ€™s going on, that in addition to this problem we are all experiencing our systems becoming unstable after a successful burn. (Which does happen but not consistently â€“ a successful burn that is.) After DVDFab is shut down we are unable to close Windows properly. Sometimes the only way to get it to turn off is a cold shut down â€“ that is holding in the power button for eight seconds â€“ not a very good idea. As to v3050 that was more stable - the problems seems to have gotten worse with each update. If you have any ideas or work arounds Iâ€™d be happy and grateful to hear/read them as itâ€™s my understanding that there are no refunds it would really be nice to get this program working. I have five computers in my house and have tried this program on only two with the same results. If I can I will try it on the other computers I have but it seems to me at this stage it is a software glitch and past experience has taught me the only hope is that the Software provider is able to get it fixed in some future revision â€“ whatâ€™s you feeling on this?