DiscInfo & ASPI Driver Problem

I’ve been reading posts trying to decide whether to replace my DVD burner…when I came across DiscInfo and thought that would be a good program to install…
Now the problem…after downloading I began the installation process and received an error message that there was a problem with my ASPI driver.
I then went to the ADATEC sight and downloaded the latest ASPI version.

When I attempted to install it I got the following error message
C:\PROGRA-1\Symantec\S32EVENT1DLL.A virtual device driver failed Dll Initialization. Choose Close to terminate the application.

???Help

[B]Error: “S32evnt1.dll. An installable Virtual Device Driver failed DLL initialization”[/B]

[B]Link:[/B] http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/0/a22e09c4be40053680256dac00564a18?OpenDocument

:cool::cool:

Hi,quote=willythemac;2205830
Now the problem…after downloading I began the installation process and received an error message that there was a problem with my ASPI driver.
I then went to the ADATEC sight and downloaded the latest ASPI version. [/quote]Do not install these ancient Aspi drivers, since they are obsolete with recent flavours of Windows and often cause more trouble than it’s helpful.
For such old applications, you might use the wnaspi32.dll from Nero or try Frog Aspi. Unlike Adaptec’s ancient driver, these do not interfere with your system settings.

Michael