Disc to ISO (?)

Hey.

I Have a question please.
In “CloneCD” 5.3.1.4 (That i’ve recently purchase) I have the main window
with 4 options of cloning…

Now, the first one, the button with a disc and glass’s (Read to image file) is coping a full DVD disc to m computer as ISO?

Let’s suggest i have an original (probably) protected DVD…
If i insert the disc, and use the option i just mentioned above, the software will copy the full original content of the disc?

And when i’ll burn the image file on an empty DVD-R, it will be the same content? with al the menu’s, subtitle’s, design etc?

[QUOTE=Adun;2291582]Hey.

I Have a question please.
In “CloneCD” 5.3.1.4 (That i’ve recently purchase) I have the main window
with 4 options of cloning…

Now, the first one, the button with a disc and glass’s (Read to image file) is coping a full DVD disc to m computer as ISO?

Let’s suggest i have an original (probably) protected DVD…
If i insert the disc, and use the option i just mentioned above, the software will copy the full original content of the disc?

And when i’ll burn the image file on an empty DVD-R, it will be the same content? with al the menu’s, subtitle’s, design etc?[/QUOTE]

Clone means it will clone the entire original DVD make it run just like the original DVD. When you burn it ot a DVD-R yes it will be the same as the Original but I would iterate use DVD+R so you can booktype it to DVD-ROM just like the original dvd. Also you hardware and firmware and speed you burn on will affect the quality of the burn as well as playback. The media is also a crucial factor in how good the burns are. But as you said “(probably) protected DVD” will not work cause of the copy protection you will need something like Anydvd running to bypass it to allow you to copy it.

I have a DVD Disc, that might be protected.
I need to make some copies of that DVD.
But to burn from CD to CD it take sometime if you want to make lot’s of copies.
I want to make an ISO file and burn it from an ISO to as many as i need. o it could be quicker and easier.

• So CloneCD is capable of doing this?
  • And you say i need to use AnyDVD while i’ll use the CloneCD?
  • And can you please explain me again simply why should i use DVD+R?

[QUOTE=Adun;2292069]I have a DVD Disc, that might be protected.
I want to make an ISO file and burn it from an ISO to as many as i need. o it could be quicker and easier.

• And can you please explain me again simply why should i use DVD+R?[/QUOTE]

First maybe you should go to http://www.slysoft.com and read more about Anydvd and Clonecd and what each does cause unless you read about each feature to give you more info about each software and what each does. Anydvd does the decrypting and CloneCD does the backing up of the movie to the media. Using DVD+R is my opinion in that some it matches up to the original format of the DVD which if you notice is DVD-ROM. DVD+R with the right burner will switch DVD+R to DVD-ROM for standalone player compatibility playback. That why I use DVD+R media.

[QUOTE=Adun;2292069][B]I have a DVD Disc, that might be protected.[/B]

• And can you please explain me again simply why should i use DVD+R?[/QUOTE]

Then the first step is to respect the © …