Disc T@2, how to use?

Hi everyone. At the moment, I use Nero 7 Ultra Edition for burning CDs and DVDs and I have an NEC/Optiarc 7203A drive which does labelflash. N7Ultra doesn’t have any Labelflash support.

I’d like to start using DiscT@2 which is part of the Labelflash technology, so I’d appreciate a basic run-down of the software that exists to make DiscT@2 labels and how it’s done.

Thanks in advance. :flower:

DiscT@2 is for the dye side of a DVD disc. Not a CD-R. For CD-R’s you need an old Yamaha F1 or other compatible drive. Your 7203A (which i know nothing about) should work with DVD’s and Nero 7. In Nero 7 go to Nero Burning Rom, cancel the New Compilation, and click on Extra - top left. Select Burn Label. or select Burn Label icon - top middle right.

Works basically like LightScribe if you have messed around with that but like i said DiscT@2 is for the dye side of a disc.

Best to burn your disc then use DiscT@2 for the remaining space. If you T@2 a disc before you write data to it, it will be ruined for data later, unless you just want to do a whole disc.

Edit:
I forgot to mention that LabelFlash is for the [B]non[/B]-dye side. You will need special discs for that. With DiscT@2 you can write on any DVD’s dye side.

You may find that DiscT@2 doesn’t work with the Optiarc AD-7203A because of buggy firmware - it didn’t work with mine the last time I tried, but it works with every other Labelflash capable Optiarc and Pioneer drive I have.

Labelflash Index Maker is simple and free software that will burn Labelflash and DiscT@2 labels on DVD media (if the drive supports it).

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2197084]You may find that DiscT@2 doesn’t work with the Optiarc AD-7203A because of buggy firmware - it didn’t work with mine the last time I tried, but it works with every other Labelflash capable Optiarc and Pioneer drive I have.

Labelflash Index Maker is simple and free software that will burn Labelflash and DiscT@2 labels on DVD media (if the drive supports it).[/QUOTE]Thanks DrageMeister, I read on wikipedia long ago that Nero 7 Ultra specifically does not support the Labelflash technologies, and I have never seen any with mine.

So I will definately be checking that out.

Just installed and fired up LabelFlash Index Maker, it works with my 7203A no hassle, I just did my first T@2.
:slight_smile:
This kicks tail.

[QUOTE=SeanW;2197509]Thanks DrageMeister, I read on wikipedia long ago that Nero 7 Ultra specifically does not support the Labelflash technologies, and I have never seen any with mine.

So I will definately be checking that out.[/QUOTE]Nero 7 and LabelFlash/DiscT@2 work fine here with my Pioneer 215L and my Yamaha F1.

[QUOTE=Bob;2197574]Nero 7 and LabelFlash/DiscT@2 work fine here with my Pioneer 215L and my Yamaha F1.[/QUOTE]
Nero 7 all versions except Ultra.

And it looks like I spoke too soon about it working right - I got one disc T@2ed, a TYG02 DVD-R, but I’ve tried 2 DVD+Rs since then and got nothing. Drive just starts, stops and I get some stupid "Writing Error."
Looks like it’s time to go digging up some older NEC hardware, and in any case I’ll dig up some other discs that could use a tattooing and see if they will work.

You may find that DiscT@2 doesn’t work with the Optiarc AD-7203A because of buggy firmware - it didn’t work with mine the last time I tried, but it works with every other Labelflash capable Optiarc and Pioneer drive I have.
Is it just the 7203A? Would the 7203S work?

[QUOTE=SeanW;2197687]Nero 7 all versions except Ultra.

And it looks like I spoke too soon about it working right - I got one disc T@2ed, a TYG02 DVD-R, but I’ve tried 2 DVD+Rs since then and got nothing. Drive just starts, stops and I get some stupid "Writing Error."
Looks like it’s time to go digging up some older NEC hardware, and in any case I’ll dig up some other discs that could use a tattooing and see if they will work.

Is it just the 7203A? Would the 7203S work?[/QUOTE]yup i am using Nero 7 Ultra version 7.11.10.0.

Maybe DrageMester knows more on the NEC’s

[quote=SeanW;2197687]Is it just the 7203A? Would the 7203S work?[/quote] It might - I think I have seen somewhere that the 7203S doesn’t have the same bug, but I’m not sure.

This thread discusses DiscT@2 on the Optiarc AD-7203A/S:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f123/diskt-2-optiarc-7203-a-239476/

I think I’ve seen reports of people successfully using DiscT@2 on discs that were blank (no data written) on their 7203A, so it might be that the problem is only seen when using DiscT@2 on discs that have data on them already.

Since I have plenty of other drives that can DiscT@2 without problems, I haven’t bothered keeping track of exactly when it works and fails on the 7203A/S.

Searching might provide more info.

Thanks for the info but I’ve already made some “alternative arrangements” involving some old NEC hardware I had stored. I now have DiscT@2 fully working.