Disc Scratches

Hi all this is my first post here so please bear with me and feel free to move this thread if its in the wrong place as I have searched the forum and found nothing on this…

At times I use DVD Decrypter for copying DVDs but every so often when I remove the disc from the drive I notice scrathing on the disc, some are not bad and are still playable but once or twice I get a very deep scratch like this one…

The only reason I can think of for this type of scratch is that DVD Decrypter uses certain options that requires the DVD laser to burn deeper into the disc but that’s my theory anyway. Does anyone else get these kind of scratches?

Since this I am no longer using DVD Decrypter and have moved onto DVD Fab but it has made me a little weary of doing this. Thanks for the help.

@ waykins,

Welcome to the Forum.

Neither the DVD Decrypter v3.5.4.0 and/or the ImgBurn v2.4.2.0 software programs during the Burning Process does anything that incorrectly manipulates the laser burning head mechanism in a manner that will contact CD/DVD Media to cause damage and/or scratches to the CD/DVD Media.

It appears that you have a malfunctioning undisclosed DVD Burning device. Suggest that you closely and thoroughly inspect your undisclosed DVD Burning device for proper and correct functioning and operation.

Regards,
bjkg