Disc scanning with LG WH12LS39

vbimport

well i did my first rip and burn with my WH12LS39 drive. i went to scan the disc and i get told by optidrive control that my drive isn’t compatible. is there a program i can use to scan with this drive?

LG drives are usually not suited as scanners. Some models do have a MTK chipset, and therefore could theoretically be able to scan. Perhaps there is a registry entry that needs to be changed as with old CD/DVD Speed.

Michael

well i guess that means i get the ok to buy another blu ray drive, liteon to can with…lol

[QUOTE=CincyRob;2625012]well i guess that means i get the ok to buy another blu ray drive, liteon to can with…lol[/QUOTE]

Yes you do :iagree:. Lite-on iHBS112 scans nice and tends to be a faster BD-R ripper than the LG’s with decrypters like AnyDVD HD.

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2625015]Yes you do :iagree:. Lite-on iHBS112 scans nice and tends to be a faster BD-R ripper than the LG’s with decrypters like AnyDVD HD.[/QUOTE]

I’ll second that. Also, the iHBS112 scans better than the iHBS212.

better?
better = nicer = more inexact / lesser errors
or
better = more exact / more errors :bigsmile:

if the 212 finds more errors than the 112 than the 212 is more exact than the 112. :confused:

[QUOTE=memory;2626016]better?
better = nicer = more inexact / lesser errors
or
better = more exact / more errors :bigsmile:

if the 212 finds more errors than the 112 than the 212 is more exact than the 112. :confused:[/QUOTE]

Perhaps in this case the users are proficient enough to determine that:

better = most consistent on re-scan / best correlation with TRT(read speed) test / best correlation with real-world playback behavior. Such is the case for me.