I have already written a post about this topic on VideoHelp..
But I thougt, that I should also ask here.
I would like to know the relationships between disc rotation speed and data speed.
I already know the maximum reading speed at the outer edge:
- ×2.4 at 12cm, compared to inner edge.
- ×1.6 at 08cm.
But I would also like to know:
* ×1 CLV on innermost edge = how many RPM (rotations per minute) or rotations per second on each disc type?.
* ×1 CLV = how many sectors per second for each disc type? (75 sectors for CD).
* Are the values slightly different for DVD+, DVD-, DVD-DL and DVD-RAM comparing with each other?
* Is 1× speed on a CD 150 or 176.4 KiB/s? [2352×(1500/1764)=2000!].
* How exactly were these standards specified?.