Disc read error under using alcohol

I am getting a disk read error 819 thru 10021 in the log file. trying to make a backup of sims deluxe edition(safedisk2 ) using alcohol 120% and getting the same error under clone cd. The back up works on Windows 2000 machine no problem but on my XP main machine I am getting (unload the debugger and try again ) message ,Also on my other machine with a dual boot system with ME and XP it does not work on either OS , should I be getting these error message they were imaged to harddrive at 1X read speed and burned to CD at 4X.

Have a 1400 mhz AMD with a plex 12-10-32, 512 mb memory
the burner has made at least 800 CD’s …could it be dying ??, it was acting up the other day ,wouldnt read or play CD’s music or data

Originally posted by morbius 57
I am getting a disk read error 819 thru 10021 in the log file. trying to make a backup of sims deluxe edition(safedisk2 ) using alcohol 120% and getting the same error under clone cd.

That’s perfectly normal for safedisc 2 protected cds. Typically, they have between 550 and 600 bad (unreadable) sectors between ~ sector 500 and ~ sector 10,500.