Disc Quality TERRIBLE ...(Burn is not good) ! Need Urgent Help!

I’m totally lost here. I burned a lot of DVDs using ImgBurn 2.5.8.0. Media ID (CMC MAG. AM3) and few RITEKF1…Speed 8x and verify option…verify is ok…But when i use a software to check de “Disc Quality” , all SUX …I used NeroDiscSpeed11…I was using a Sony Optiarc 7280. After errors, i bought a LG GH24NSB0 and a ASUS DRW-24F1ST. Disc Quality=sux. Media is the same ID (CMC MAG. AM3) . Tested in Linux using k3b=Sux. Then , the problem isn’t on Win 7 x64 or DVD Burners, i think…i changed the SATA cables…change Bios: SATA MODE, from AHCI(Better), to IDE (Worst)…don’t have more hints…need help…below the tests:
(Sorry, my bad english)…I live in Brazil=SUX :stuck_out_tongue:
Need good advice ! Change software ? Change Firmware (im using the original) ? Throw PC across the window ? …thx for answers…

With K3b under Linux Mint 14: (8X)

ImgBurn 8X, Windows 7 x64, October 2013

May, Sony Optiarc 7280 8X, ImgBurn, CMC MAG. AM3

October 2013, ImgBurn, 8X

Today, Recorded on Asus, 4x, ID RITEKF1, OPC on

Today, Record on Optiarc 7280, 4x, DVD-RW, id INFOMEDIAA20

Today: Record on Asus, 2x, DVD-RW, Sony (id RITEKW01)

well the ritek seem ok and thats not a surprise as ritek are a good disc others are probably fake discs …stick to ritek m8

You’re scanning at 16x or Maximum. Slow that down to 8x. And I don’t know how good a scanner that Optiarc is anyway. Might want to wait for some of the members who do a lot of scanning to chip in.

We recommend Verbatim AZO discs or Taiyo Yuden if you can get them. Might be hard to find in Brazil.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2728559]You’re scanning at 16x or Maximum. Slow that down to 8x. And I don’t know how good a scanner that Optiarc is anyway. Might want to wait for some of the members who do a lot of scanning to chip in.

We recommend Verbatim AZO discs or Taiyo Yuden if you can get them. Might be hard to find in Brazil.[/QUOTE]

Thx for answer …Verbatim and TY are impossible to find here (Brazil=SUX)…the medias available here are: Philips DVD-R (CMC MAG. AM3), Elgin+Others (UME02) and SONY (RITEKF1) …there are a lot of guys saying CMC is the worst media so far…i will try SONY…and will try to scan at 8x…Sony Optiarc is the only Scanner here …Asus and LG don’t scanning…

Get the sony media, all others are real crappo.

Hi again,
I changed the media to Sony(RITEKF1), the burner (to Asus), Sata Cables, Software (from ImgBurn to Ashampoo), etc…
I burned a DVD today, in the morning, at 4x (to avoid errors), and my 1º scan went: (i was happy, not a perfect burn, but an average burn)…:slight_smile:

But, in the afternoon, i did a new scan and the f… result went: (SAME DVD-R, same drive to test…) :sad:

Third Scan at 16x: :sad::sad::sad::sad:

Quality score=0 …

I really, really, dont know what to do …no more ideas…any help, PLEASE ? :bow:

UPDATE2: I am using ConvertX5 to produce the DVD’s. The settings for “Enconding Options” is “Automatic(recommended)” by default. I was using “SP (Short Projects) -> Up to 80 min.” . Maybe is the software authoring the DVD’s wrong ? I reencoded using ConvertX5 with “Automatic” and did a burn now…Very good burn. Give a look:

Is this possible or went a lucky copy…?

Don’t burn at 4x. Burn at maybe 8x, at the slowest. It does look like the discs are maybe not so good at the end, though, so maybe things will get worse at 8x. But it is worth a try.

In this case, it doesn’t matter what you use to author the disc. It just looks like luck, maybe. Plus, you are not using the full capacity of the discs, and it looks like the issues occur toward the end of the Sony-branded RITEKF1.