Disc makers Optodisc and Princo cut prices for 16x DVD discs

I just posted the article Disc makers Optodisc and Princo cut prices for 16x DVD discs.

GristyMcFisty used our news submit to tell us that we have
some news over at DigiTimes this morning, concerning the costing of some brands of
DVD media, at least when it comes to Princo…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12244-Disc-makers-Optodisc-and-Princo-cut-prices-for-16x-DVD-discs-.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12244-Disc-makers-Optodisc-and-Princo-cut-prices-for-16x-DVD-discs-.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I wouldn’t use either of these even if I’d get them for free

what he said

No, they would have to pay me to trust my data to one of those. Too bad there are presently no standards for media on the market. :B

cheap crap is still crap. might as well start giving this stuf away as coasters as this is all these media brands are good for!

yep! Market conditions = hardly any demand!:d It would be even better if Princo would go belly up–just like their landfill media! Now some of the Optodisc medias (in terms of scans) have seemed pretty decent compared to the Princo, but I do not know about Optodisc’s longevity.

That’s one of the reasons why I’m including Optodisc 16x DVD±Rs in my longevity study at CDRlabs. It’s worth pointing out however that this article is pretty much BS, since these prices are not actually available from Optodisc (probably not Princo either). The only company who’s getting pricing anywhere near this level is E-Net, and as I’m sure I probably don’t need to point out, it’s not for A Grade product. Optodisc’s current 16x media pricing is closer to $0.21-$0.25 USD per disc, depending on your relationship with Optodisc, and your order volume. I can’t even find a place selling Princo 16x, so I have my doubts about how much is even produced of it. They didn’t even reply to my e-mail when I asked for samples of it for my longevity study.

Two fantastic manufacturers. Wonder that they are still alive. I have no clue who are buying their crap. Someone claimed Optodisk is reliable, phew I tested it and to be honest I’d not touch it once again. (not even if they sell their media for free) regards, Stephen