Disc label length (UDF)?

I like to have descriptive disc labels when burning CD/DVD’s. I’ve been using Roxio for several years, and it allows long labels as long as UDF is used. Recently I switched to a new computer and since my Roxio is quite old, I switched to Nero. To my surprise, Nero has a disc label limit of 15 characters. I thought it was just a Nero thing, so I decided to try CDBurnerXP. It turns out they have a 16-character limit. I know it’s possible to have longer labels, ImgBurn allows creating 32-character labels. Why do some programs have such short limits, is there a reason for this?

Why do you doublepost??

Adjust your Nero settings, then you will be able to use all characters and the full length according to the UDF version & rules.

[QUOTE=chef;1947397]Why do you doublepost??

Adjust your Nero settings, then you will be able to use all characters and the full length according to the UDF version & rules.[/QUOTE]

Not double-posting, judging from what others said in the Nero thread I figured there’s no way to make longer labels in Nero, and now that I’ve found similar limitation in other product, I’m wondering why.

But you are saying there’s a setting in Nero that can be adjusted? Which setting?

The UDF revision used is important, AFAIK.