Disc is not opened

I’ve tried to open 5 different DVDs I own in DVDFab 5.2.3.2 but the program will not open the discs. DVDFab does find the IFOs and I was able to save them to my desktop but I cannot load the DVDs into the program.

The drop down list for the source does not show my DVD drive and when I try to open the VIDEO_TS folder from the DVD drive, I keep getting the Report - info form. When I open Common Settings to view information about the DVD I see the message “Disc is not opened”.

DVD Shrink 3.2 does open the DVDs and I am able to open the IFOs in Microsoft Media Player too.

[quote=davk;2220952]I’ve tried to open 5 different DVDs I own in DVDFab 5.2.3.2 but the program will not open the discs. DVDFab does find the IFOs and I was able to save them to my desktop but I cannot load the DVDs into the program.

The drop down list for the source does not show my DVD drive and when I try to open the VIDEO_TS folder from the DVD drive, I keep getting the Report - info form. When I open Common Settings to view information about the DVD I see the message “Disc is not opened”.

DVD Shrink 3.2 does open the DVDs and I am able to open the IFOs in Microsoft Media Player too.[/quote]
If DVD Shrink is able to open those DVD’s then it means there is no special protection on them, try going into common settings -> PathPlayer and set it as “Disabled” also while you are in common settings click on general and reset DMA by using the reset DMA button.
It would also help if we knew which DVDFab product you are using and the version #

also why did you save the IFO files to the desktop ?

[QUOTE=davk;2220952]I’ve tried to open 5 different DVDs I own in DVDFab 5.2.3.2 but the program will not open the discs. DVDFab does find the IFOs and I was able to save them to my desktop but I cannot load the DVDs into the program.

DVD Shrink 3.2 does open the DVDs and I am able to open the IFOs in Microsoft Media Player too.[/QUOTE]

In addition to the questions that StormJumper asked you, can you also please advise if you are able to access your DVD drive and its contents through Windows Explorer…

Thanks.

O’C

:slight_smile:

P.S. You also say that DVDFab is able to locate the IFO files that you subsequently put on your Desktop(??) - aside from being curious about your reason for doing that, I would also be interested in knowing how DVDFab found the IFO files if your drive isn’t even showing up in the ‘Source’ box.

Also… are you using the DVDFab Platinum 30 day trial or the DVDFab HD Decrypter, or do you own this program?

I have DVDFab 5.2.3.2 Platinum with Options (purchased through DVDfab.com). Setup file is DVDFab5232_avangate-689.exe.

I saved the IFO files to the desktop to see if they were able to be accessed.

I was able to access the drive through explorer.

Ada at DVDfab said to uninstall the Roxio software and remove XP SP3. I did this but still no go.

Just reinstalled XP and installing Sonic Cineplayer DVD Decoder Pack after I set up my internet connection. Once this is done I’ll install DVDfab again and follow the instructions provided by StormJumper.

Thanks guys.

OK. Aside from Sonic DVDDecoder and Netgear Adapter software, DVDFab Platinum (Option: Mobile) 5.2.3.2 is the only software on my XP. I haven’t done Windows update so it’s just XP.

Still have the same problems after following instructions above. Did I get duped?

[quote=davk;2221868]I have DVDFab 5.2.3.2 Platinum with Options (purchased through DVDfab.com). Setup file is DVDFab5232_avangate-689.exe.

I saved the IFO files to the desktop to see if they were able to be accessed.

I was able to access the drive through explorer.

Ada at DVDfab said to uninstall the Roxio software and remove XP SP3. I did this but still no go.

Just reinstalled XP and installing Sonic Cineplayer DVD Decoder Pack after I set up my internet connection. Once this is done I’ll install DVDfab again and follow the instructions provided by StormJumper.

Thanks guys.[/quote]
Roxio does not have to be removed from the system if that was the case I would have problems on both my rigs…Vista and XP Pro which I don’t, now if you installed SP3 on your own THEN I can see a possible conflict there but if it was installed by windows auto update then that to should not be the cause :disagree:

[quote=davk;2221877]OK. Aside from Sonic DVDDecoder and Netgear Adapter software, DVDFab Platinum (Option: Mobile) 5.2.3.2 is the only software on my XP. I haven’t done Windows update so it’s just XP.

Still have the same problems after following instructions above. Did I get duped?[/quote]
Hey yo davk
I noticed you said “DVDFab Platinum (Option: Mobile)” does that mean you have both Platinum and Mobile option and have two registration keys :confused: if so
Please try the following
uninstall the [B]->[/B] [B]"[/B]Sonic Cineplayer DVD Decoder Pack[B]"[/B] there could be a codec that is conflicting with DVDFab.
Use the guide below in my signature for doing a clean uninstall of DVDFab[B], [/B]even if you already tried it most likely you had the Sonic Cineplayer DVD Decoder Pack on your system.

After you do all that download CCleaner it is freeware then download a new DVDFab install package[B](don’t use the one you already have)[/B] and make sure you download it from dvdfab.com NOT from the .net site

Thanks. Should I also delete the FABREPORT.EXE pf in the prefetch folder?

Ran across this bit of info when I was performing clean uninstall. It’s the text file in the PcSetup folder:

info ****** Report session closed *******
error Report: [OpenDeviceInfoW failed with error 0xE000020Bh: “(null)”]
error error FFFFFFF2 [Failed to install/update the driver. Unknown error]
info Removing patin-couffin driver
info ParamStr 1 = "/remove2"
ParamStr 0 = "C:\Program Files\DVDFab 5\PCSetup.exe"
info User default language : 1033 (0x0409h) - English (United States)
info System default language : 1033 (0x0409h) - English (United States)
info Version 1.37.0.94
info ExeName : "C:\Program Files\DVDFab 5\PCSetup.exe"
info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
info ******** Report session started **********

The pccouffin files were found during my clean uninstall.

Yes
also before you run CCleaner make sure you set it to clean the prefetch folder

Hummmmmmm I have Roxio and SP 3 installed and have no problem so I doubt if thats whats causing your problem

Yuppers, me too tis why I said what I said in post #7 :bigsmile:
have a nice day my friend :flower:

The Sonic DVDDecoder has been uninstalled… And just one more question before I reinstall DVDFab.

I’ve heard great things about imgBurn and not so great things about the vso burning engine that comes with DVDFab. Should I deselect the option to install vso when I reinstall DVDFab? I’m going to be installing imgBurn once I get DVDFab up and running.

Thanks again for your help…

[quote=davk;2222366]The Sonic DVDDecoder has been uninstalled… And just one more question before I reinstall DVDFab.

I’ve heard great things about imgBurn and not so great things about the vso burning engine that comes with DVDFab. Should I deselect the option to install vso when I reinstall DVDFab? I’m going to be installing imgBurn once I get DVDFab up and running.

Thanks again for your help…[/quote]
Having the VSO software will not cause any trouble or conflicts with your system after you install DVDFab just go into common settings and select ImgBurn as the burn engine and do the following

Open ImgBurn and click on “Tools” located on the menu bar and select "Settings"
click on the “Build” tab and make sure there is a check mark in the following boxes
1…Check 'Close Program’
2…Don’t Prompt Image Details
3…Don’t Prompt VIDEO_TS Content
4…Don’t Prompt Volume Label
any other boxes can stay as they are.
To set the write/burn speed do the following
Put a blank disc into the drive/burner, with ImgBurn open make sure your drive is selected in the target window…(lower leftside)
click on the right hand side click on the “Device” tab now on the very bottom right you’ll see three buttons click on the top button to open the write speed settings page.
On the lower left side under “Settings” you will see a window next to “Disc ID” which will contain the MID(Media ID) of the blank disc that you have in your drive/burner, just below that window is where you can set the burn speed for that perticular MID once you enter the write speed click on the "ADD"or “Update”(if changing the speed already set) button just to the right…NOTE…each time you buy a new spindle of media you should check the MID becuase it can change even when using the same brand name.
the other dropdown window below is for setting a perticular drive/burner if you have more then one and one of them has better results with that MID at a different write speed.

Hope that covers it all :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2221920]Hey yo davk
I noticed you said “DVDFab Platinum (Option: Mobile)” does that mean you have both Platinum and Mobile option and have two registration keys [/QUOTE]

I have both keys.

Ok was just wondering :bigsmile:

No go on the XP. Seems to be working on my Vista machine though.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2220977]If DVD Shrink is able to open those DVD’s then it means there is no special protection on them[/QUOTE]

following is info from www.dvdshrink.org/why_en.php

Most DVDs are designed to prevent you from making copies.

The first preventative measure is encryption. Commercial DVD titles are often encrypted, which prevents you from either copying them to your hard drive, or if you manage to do so, being able to play the resulting files. DVDShrink overcomes this problem with built-in decryption algorithms.

Please install ImgBurn on the XP machine if you haven’t. On the ImgBurn menu, under Tools, select Filter Driver Load Order and when that opens, click on the Copy to Clipboard button. Paste the results into a post. You have the classic symptoms of a software conflict.

[quote=davk;2222785]following is info from www.dvdshrink.org/why_en.php

Most DVDs are designed to prevent you from making copies.

[B]The first preventative measure is encryption. Commercial DVD titles are often encrypted, which prevents you from either copying them to your hard drive, or if you manage to do so, being able to play the resulting files. DVDShrink overcomes this problem with built-in decryption algorithms[/B].[/quote]
:eek: Really [B]!!!.. [/B]as if I didn’t know, also didn’t hear the school bell ring :stuck_out_tongue: