DIsc Eraser

vbimport

What would be a good and fast DVD and CD eraser please? :cool:

ImgBurn

Within ImgBurn look at Tools–>Drive–>Erase Disc–>Quick Erase

[B]Thank you kerry56.[/B] :cool:

There is another, quicker way that I forgot about…I don’t use RW disks very often. I’m enclosing a picture where you can find the Erase Disc button on the main screen of ImgBurn.

There is another, quicker way that I forgot about…I don’t use RW disks very often. I’m enclosing a picture where you can find the Erase Disc button on the main screen of ImgBurn.

[B]Thank You kerry56 that`a good tip.[/B]

[QUOTE=deezalboy;2482831][B]What would be a good and fast DVD and CD eraser please?[/B] :cool:[/QUOTE]

You do know that once erased it a useless coaster no matter what you want to do with it. Why not just break it to pieces in that way no matter what one does it is totally destroyed. Now unless you have RW that a different matter you will have to use Imgburn or another software to erase it so you can reuse it.

You do know that once erased it a useless coaster no matter what you want to do with it. Why not just break it to pieces in that way no matter what one does it is totally destroyed. Now unless you have RW that a different matter you will have to use Imgburn or another software to erase it so you can reuse it.

[B]I always understood that DVD-RS and CD_RS are permanent and can`t be erased. Therefore i took it for granted that it would be understood that i was originally referring to DVD-RWS and CD-RWS.[/B] :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2483541]You do know that once erased it a useless coaster no matter what you want to do with it. Why not just break it to pieces in that way no matter what one does it is totally destroyed.[/QUOTE]I’d suggest something like this for convenient secure “erasing” of discs:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16846194005 :smiley:

Michael

[QUOTE=deezalboy;2483545][B]I always understood that DVD-RS and CD_RS are permanent and can`t be erased. Therefore i took it for granted that it would be understood that i was originally referring to DVD-RWS and CD-RWS.[/B] :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

This being the Newbie Forum, nothing can be taken for granted…

[QUOTE=mciahel;2483551]I’d suggest something like this for convenient secure “erasing” of discs:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16846194005 :smiley:

Michael[/QUOTE]

I prefer a trip to the Seven Eleven to erase my CDs :stuck_out_tongue:

[B]More convenient at my computer. It`s common knowledge that “r” discs cannot be erased. [/B] :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=deezalboy;2483565][B]More convenient at my computer. It`s common knowledge that “r” discs cannot be erased. [/B]:rolleyes:[/QUOTE] They can be “erased” with some special drives like e.g. Plextor PX-755/760, PlexEraser, and LiteOn drives featuring the SmartErase function. Erasing such discs makes them unreadable, not reusable.