Disc drive still not reading CDs

vbimport

Yes, I’m a noob in this forum, but just letting you all know I’ve already tried everything the sticky suggests and looked for possible solutions via search with no success.

tsstcorp cd dvdw ts-h552l ata is my drive. It stopped recognizing discs after I tried to burn a DVD via Imgburn software.

Stuff I thought would be interesting: When putting the CD inside, the cursor has the CD icon flash next to it a few times. The green light for the driver blinks non stop right away when the PC starts. Used the TSST Win Inquiry software I found in the forum, but it took oh so long before it gave me my results (TSSTcorpCD/DVDW TS-H552L, Version 0614, OEM Code HP) and it does that disc flashing thing, too.

I definitely don’t want to resort to having the drive replaced, so if there’s any other solutions, please tell me.

Boot from the drive with a CD and a DVD…

Yeah, I did that and nothing happens. I did all of the instructions the sticky said and still no progress. So, I don’t know what else to do.

Try A bootable CD or DVD .
You need to set the tsstcorp cd dvdw ts-h552l as the first drive in the “Boot order” in your BIOS .
What you are attempting to do Is boot outside of Windows.
This troubleshoots if the problem is with the drives reading ability.
Your BIOS should be recognizing the drive,
If you have either a Windows installation disc or a linux disc both are usually good for this type test.