Disc discoloration

vbimport

Hi, I have been printing discs with a primera duplicator and recently the discs after about a month or if I leave them outside start to fade to a green color (mostly the greys go to green)? I am wondering if anyone else has ever had that problem? If so please advise. I have been using TY white hub printable media.
Thanks

Assuming that’s an inkjet printer, the problem is the ink. All inkjet prints will fade over time if exposed to air and light (UV). Yours sounds a bit severe. I’ve not seen any fading with TY printables when stored in cases.

[QUOTE=CDan;2454969]Assuming that’s an inkjet printer, the problem is the ink. All inkjet prints will fade over time if exposed to air and light (UV). Yours sounds a bit severe. I’ve not seen any fading with TY printables when stored in cases.[/QUOTE]

do you think that the watershield will do the same?

[QUOTE=bassman2155;2455105]do you think that the watershield will do the same?[/QUOTE]

The coatings have pretty similar characteristics. Watershield might be better but I wouldn’t guarantee it.

Could it be due to the use of a not original cartridge in the printer? I read somewhere that not original ones have a very low pigment quality (but I have no idea if it is true).

Hey thanks for the info, i actually have used a refill place that cuts down the price of the cartridges, but I have been using them for a about a year. And the issue just happened. Thanks again for the help

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Too bad the only way to find if the culprit is the ink is to get an original cartridge and make comparisons using the same printable supports :frowning:

yeah i hear ya it just seems weird that the problem is just now happening, thanks for your help!

[QUOTE=bassman2155;2455155]Hey thanks for the info, i actually have used a refill place that cuts down the price of the cartridges, but I have been using them for a about a year. And the issue just happened. Thanks again for the help[/QUOTE]

Refill places buy ink from the lowest bidder, and it can change frequently. I would return those tanks and complain. Somebody is cutting corners.

But if you want to prove it to yourself, install OEM tanks and see if it fades. (it won’t)