Disc-at-once problem

I’m new here and new to burning cds too, hope you can help out a novice.

I have been able to record cds using track-at-once, but wanted to burn a live cd without 2 second gaps and so tried to use disc-at-once. Made 2 coasters so far … here’s the details:

Software - Easy CD Basic v5
Burner - HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B
OS - Windows XP
Disc-at-once
On the fly

The cd seems to record ok (no error messages), but won’t play in the cd player on my sterio (Technics separate). Nor will the cd play on the PC using Winamp or Windows Media Player … cd spins and software hangs.

BUT (with the exception of the first song) I can play the tracks on the cd using the preview player in Easy CD Creator. :confused:

Any thoughts or advice?

Cheers in advance.

The correct mode to burn audio is DAO:
http://www.feurio.com/English/faq/faq_vocable_trackatonce.shtml
You can set the pauses as you wish.

Try another burning software to discard EasyCD, but it’s possible that your player can only play media burned in TAO.
Feurio is the best for audio, is small and supports your LG perfectly with th latest driver update:
http://www.feurio.com/English/cd_writer.shtml

Try better discs also.

Thanks for the reply minix.

Have downloaded the Feurio software and updated driver. Will spend a few days getting to grips with the software and then give it another go.

Is it possible to do DAO from multiple original discs with Feurio?

The discs were Imation CD-R - never seen a review, are they inferior discs?

Cheers

cd spins and software hangs

If all CD drives in computers spin trying to read the disc, then the problem might be a very poor writing quality from your LG burner.

In Feurio CD-Manager you can play the discs in analog mode (like a domestic player) or digital mode, try both.

In the left pane you have the source (CD drives or Hard Disk), and in the right you have the list of projects (every project is a disc) and downside the contents of the project.
Drag and drop the tracks you want from the left to the right, and press “Burn” to write the disc.

Imation are made now by Moser Baer, and Indian manufacturer not known for top quality. They are not bad, but don’t expect long life. They were made by CMC Magnetics before, another average manufacturer.
Try Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim (Mitsubishi) for better results.

Thanks for the reply minix.

Have downloaded the Feurio software and updated driver. Will spend a few days getting to grips with the software and then give it another go.

The discs were Imation CD-R - never seen a review, are they inferior discs?

Cheers