Disable Auto Scan in DVDfab Plat?

[QUOTE=snagel;2288491]Sorry for the crossposting. Because of the concern of the disabling the firewall and the this one about disabling auto run I thought maybe alot of people would not see the this one. And maybe it really don’t belong in the DVDFab area [B]but rather general computing are[/B]a.[/QUOTE]

I hope you didn’t post it there too :eek:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2288494]I hope you didn’t post it there too :eek:[/QUOTE]

No, I screwed up only once.

[QUOTE=signals;2268297]This is not a DVDFab problem, it is a conflict between the magicJack driver and windows SPTI. ImgBurn has the same effect if you have it set for SPTI I/O control. A workaround (at least with XP) is to put DVDFab in the ASPI I/O mode (which may have problems of its own).[/QUOTE]

Could you please elaborate on how to “put DVDFab in ASPI I/O mode”? Thanks.

I suspect my good friend signals has hit the hay…and I’m right behind him.
This should help:

[QUOTE=maineman;2409252]I suspect my good friend signals has hit the hay…and I’m right behind him.
This should help:[/QUOTE]
Well, I have made this change and the two programs are running happily on my desktop at this time, although I don’t have anything to backup at the moment. I will repost the results when I do. I’ll also forward this solution to support so they don’t waste any time on it. Thanks.

Update: I’ve recently had to reformat my HDD and after re-installing both Magic Jack and DVDFab the work around no longer works for me. When set to “ASPI” DVDFab no longer affects Magic Jack, however DVDFab no longer sees any disks in any drives. For now I am unplugging MJ whenever I need to run DVDFab. It’s not perfect but it will do until someone finds a better solution.

[QUOTE=signals;2268297]This is not a DVDFab problem, it is a conflict between the magicJack driver and windows SPTI. ImgBurn has the same effect if you have it set for SPTI I/O control. A workaround (at least with XP) is to put DVDFab in the ASPI I/O mode (which may have problems of its own).[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the workaround! I’ve been unplugging my MJ everytime I want to use DVDFab and just got tired of the inconvenience. This is a much simpler solution that works! I really appreciate these forums and all the contributors! Thanks to all for inquiring about issues and sharing in solutions and troubleshooting!