DirectX 9.0b is out

vbimport

here’s a link to the redistributable (i don’t know why anyone would want to simply get the runtime).

What are the improvements/changes?

i have no idea, i stumbled upon it while looking for 9.0a to download. the developers of half life 2 recently revealed that nvidia cards would have problems with the current version of DX and half life 2, so hopefully that was fixed, but that’s purely speculation on my part.

Don’t know but a security issue was detected in DirectX which affects all vesions up to 9.0a. Maybe a reason to download this new version. Alternatively you can downoad a patch.

F.P.

//only uses valve approved directx

Guys yesterday the full offical release was released.

download it here and trust me its Offical.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/9/c/c9c8a1d4-7690-4c98-baf3-0c67e7f3751f/dx90b_redist.exe

also here is the new Service pack 1.0a for WinXP

http://206.172.2.40/~judas/Downloads/Service%20Packs/Windows%20XP/Windows%20XP%20Service%20Pack%201%20A%20Full.exe

Originally posted by ViRuS2k
Service pack 1.0a for WinXP

What do you mean new SP1a? SP1a has been out for months?

Originally posted by BadReligionPR
[B]

What do you mean new SP1a? SP1a has been out for months? [/B]

well its new to me just installed it yesterday LOL
i posted it there just incase anyone was looking for it :stuck_out_tongue:

SP1a is the same as SP1, except it no longer includes Microsoft’s Java Virtual Machine (some dispute with Sun or something).

It already made two games malfunction here.
I’m trying the redistributable pack now ,and if that fails as wel , it’s time to restore the store point i made.

what games Mr. Belvedere?
i was worried about 9.0b too but so far so good.

Originally posted by Accel7
what games Mr. Belvedere?
i was worried about 9.0b too but so far so good.

Star Trek Elite Force II and Will Rock

I’ve just restored an old backup of my harddisk , since the storepoint was to no avail. Still didn’t work on which i examined the VGA card and motherboard.

I’ll let you know if i find the bug.

///edit///

The “bug” seemed an hardware problem. I think i got it covered now. Strangely Star Trek Elite Force II seems a little “shocky” when running in the game , but it was no big issue , still completed the game yesterday :slight_smile:

///end of edit///