DirecTV to get new releases faster than Netflix

vbimport

I just posted the article DirecTV to get new releases faster than Netflix.

Blockbuster isn’t the only outlet to get movies before Netflix and Redbox, as DirecTV announced that it will sell on-demand films on the same day as their DVD release.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/directv-to-get-new-releases-faster-than-netflix-28667/](http://www.myce.com/news/directv-to-get-new-releases-faster-than-netflix-28667/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Of course as they rent out for 3.99 plus tax or more per movie.

Lets see. $5-$6 for watching PPV or $1 for Redbox. I guess I’ll wait for the movie to hit Redbox and rent 4 at a time. Come on cable / satellite companies you are missing the boat by overcharging for PPV. I have DISH and have never paid for a PPV because of the high price. It should be the same as Redbox.

I don’t have High Def tv or High Def directv yet, but I have had directv for years and they claim that I am receiving dolby digital 5.1 surround sound. I have noticed that the quality of the 5.1 from them is not as good as when I rent a standard dvd.

I recently purchased a headset that plays virtual 5.1 dolby surround sound. When I used it on my dvd player the indicator light on it for the source indicated I was receiving true dolby digital 5.1 surround sound to the head set base. When I hooked the base from the headset to the directv fiber optic surround sound output the headphone base indicated it was only dolby prologic 5.1 surround sound. It is only simulated, not true digital 5.1.
I called directv support and got a lot of stuttering and tripping over their tongues about it. I prefer to rent from a place that has dvds so I know what I am getting.

The last conversation with directv led me to be offered to upgrade to high def. They claim I will then get true 5.1 digital surround sound. I can only wonder if this is true or not. I also don’t care for the idea that once you start playing a rental from directv you only have 24 hours before they delete or deactivate it from the dvr. You have a few days to keep it with blockbuster. You only have 24 hours with redbox but it only costs a dollar and I know it’s true 5.1 digital surround sound from redbox.