Director's Commentary

vbimport

I am not having a problem backing up the DVD per se; it just keeps coming out with the director’s commentary on it and no way to shut it off. Usually there is a box marked “director’s commentary” that I can unclick - not so this time. There are several English boxes in audio in several chapters. I just want to back up the DVD without the comments on it. This is a 2-Disk set and it is Disk 1 giving me problems.

This is the only problem. Otherwise it copies fine with GREAT clarity and sound. I don’t want to waste another blank DVD.

I have Windows XP Home Svc Pack 2. As I said, everything else about my AnyDVD and my CloneDVD work super well!

Thanks so much

Carman

This is my information from “Status”:

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.4.9.2)
SONY DVD RW AW-Q170A 1.73 FEB08,2007
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2012400 sectors (3930 MBytes)
Total size: 4016660 sectors (7845 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: ATTACK_OF_THE_CLONES_D1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
Structural copy protection not found.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to Title 1!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Sometimes these is a box with director’s commentary but not always. It depends on how the disc was made by the studio. In many cases the commentary is an AC-3/2 audio stream and the normal movie audio is an AC-3/6 audio stream. If you are keeping both streams then it is possible you DVD player is selecting the wrong default audio stream so change it using your remote. If you are only keeping the AC-3/2 audio stream then you are stuck because you are causing the problem by keeping the wrong audio.

It’s best to run through audio streams before ripping and removing streams to make sure you are not removing the wrong streams.

Can you open it up in Dvd Shrink?